Wonder if I can install Leopard this way?

OP
gemigene
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4Ghz C2D iMac, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD - iMac 17, 1.83 GHz C2D - Mac Mini - Airport Extreme Base
I've noticed with Apple updates in the past that once you reboot it may start slower but then speed back up. I suspect this is simply a system optimization going on but I don't know for sure.

OK, did the A&I thing then updated to 10.5.1 and finished about an hour ago. I'm now testing my applications and Dreamweaver tells me to reinstall. Isn't there something I could recuperate from the archive folder?

Played around with Photobooth and can't say I'm impressed with the new "special effects" (animated), it tells me to step away from the screen and when that message disappears and I put myself in front of the camera, there are transparency "splotches" all over me...

Like Spaces though...

Back to testing...

Thanks,
Gene

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
If you have the Dreamweaver disc, just reinstall it. It may have stuck something in the system folder in the old system. You can hunt for it if you want.

OP
gemigene
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4Ghz C2D iMac, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD - iMac 17, 1.83 GHz C2D - Mac Mini - Airport Extreme Base
If you have the Dreamweaver disc, just reinstall it. It may have stuck something in the system folder in the old system. You can hunt for it if you want.

Exactly, I'll just delete the current installation from my apps folder and reinstall it.

So far, so good...

Gene

OP
gemigene
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There's one thing I wonder about Frontrow, every time I fire it up to watch a movie (AVI), it's always a bit on the dark side so I end-up watching it using Quicktime or VLC and adjust the brightness to my liking. Is there a way to do that in Frontrow? Would love to use it...

Oops, going off-topic...

Thanks,
Gene

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 2.33 GHz 3 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 200GB HD
I would completely disagree with that statement. Since the OSX Disc Utility runs all it's checks prior to ANY install your disc is prepared for it ahead of time. Since OSX does a fair amount of Defragging on the fly, it's not an issue.

There is also no rush to ditch the old system folder after an A&I. I've left them around for months with no ill effects on the system other than taking up space.

You're right. But, from recent experiences I have had with my old 100gb hd and using it with only 20% free disk space, a nearly filled up hard drive, even on OS X, will frag very quickly, and even OS X's background defragging wont help. For some reason I figured he may have had an older mac from maybe a year ago. But seeing as he has a recent mac, his drive is fresh and archive install is the way to go. And... he may not even have any frag problems in the future if his hd is big enough and he never exceeds using about 70% of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Agreed. Once the drive is that full things can get flakey.

If my Quads boot drive dips below 100Gb I start getting nervous.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.