wireless printer connection

Reaction score
I am attempting to install a wireless HP OfficeJet printer to my son's notebook remotely and either the computer is undiscoverable or the printer is undiscoverable. Can anyone provide any insight or guidance?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and wel ome to the forums.

First up, connect via USB, and with the printer powered on go through the Wi-Fi setup procedure. Can't help further you ave not provided printer details for drivers etc., nor the Mac model to advise if drivers are in OS X. Very important information really.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I don't know id HP is the same, but I've found other brands work best using their wireless setup tools/instructions and not even using the older connect via USB method.

HP should have all that's needed with their wireless setup tools in the HP Utility:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04579329

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Is the printer already connected to the wireless network? If not, set that up first, then any computer connected to the network will see it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.