Wireless Mouse operating on two macs

Reaction score
I have tried a Logitech M721 Triathlon Mouse on my iMac (2014) and MacBook Air 2020 both on latest OS. It worked well on most apps but really had issues when I used it on Adobe Photoshop Elements on the iMac. At the touch of a button it would immediately switch to my MacBook which was wonderful and saved having two separate mice.
I have tried several other Logitech mice designed to work on two macs and all have had issues like the cursor jumps around and it is difficult to select a section of text. When dragging over a portion of screen for a screen capture it is often impossible to complete accurately..
Any one had a better experience?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
It may help if you tell us what "issues" you are having.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Uhh, why would you want to use a single mice on two computers, especially at the same time??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Uhh, why would you want to use a single mice on two computers, especially at the same time??

He's not. Not simultaneously. I have a mouse and keyboard that can be paired to multiple devices. When you want to switch computers, just press a button to change the other device and keep going. It's really great. I have a security DVR that can be controlled by a mouse or keyboard... it has a single USB slot on the back and one more on the front, which you'd more typically use for copy files to a flash drive. So normally, you can only use a keyboard OR mouse, and wired at that. My Logitech devices, using the Unifying Receiver, lets me use the keyboard and mouse that I also use with my iMac, and I can do it from my desk.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Ahh gotcha. Then, ignore me, I'll be on my way..

OP
M
Reaction score
It may help if you tell us what "issues" you are having.
The following does not happen all the time just randomly. The cursor jumps around and it is difficult to select a section of text. When dragging over a portion of screen for a screen capture it is often impossible to complete accurately.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The following does not happen all the time just randomly. The cursor jumps around and it is difficult to select a section of text. When dragging over a portion of screen for a screen capture it is often impossible to complete accurately.

I sounds like a laggy connection. Does this happen on both Macs? How far away is the mouse from the Mac in question? How is it connected?

OP
M
Reaction score
I sounds like a laggy connection. Does this happen on both Macs? How far away is the mouse from the Mac in question? How is it connected?
No it only seems to happen to the iMac but I very rarely use the MacBook for editing in Photoshop Elements which is where it occurs most. The mouse is located about 15 inches from the centre of the iMac and is connected using the usb on bluetooth.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.