Wireless mice recommendations

Reaction score
I've been using a first gen magic mouse but I'm just unhappy with how it works,
I'm looking for suggestions on wireless mice. Obviously logitech mice that have the USB-A nubby thing won't work with my 14" M1 Mac

krs

Reaction score
Just wondering why you want a mouse - not happy with the trackpad?
I tried a Dell BT mouse recently on my older MBA becausethe 'lick' function on the trackpad no longer works.
That turned out to be a bit of a disaster - the BT connection kept dropping so I went back to a wired mouse.

krs

Reaction score
Obviously logitech mice that have the USB-A nubby thing won't work with my 14" M1 Mac
If you don't want a BT mouse,you can take a look here:

I found that for a mouse the way it feels in your hand is the most important aspect, so I would go to a brick and mortar store to try the ones they have on display.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I have a Logitech M337 wireless Bluetooth mouse (no "nubby" thing) and very happy with that paired with my M1 14" MBP.

The little square button on the top initiates Expose by default which is quite handy and I do not need to run any additional software.
The click wheel has a nice positive, graduated action and is non slip, it gets good battery life out of a single AA battery, lasts about 3 months with heavy use and wakes almost instantly from battery saver mode. It is the best medium priced mouse of this type I have found and my wife has one too.

OP
maflynn
Reaction score
not happy with the trackpad?
I'm not really a trackpad fan, its just personal preference but when ever I take my laptop on a trip, I need a mouse. At my desk, a mouse, and even when I'm in my recliner watching tv and the MBP is on my lap. I have a mouse on the arm of the chair.

What makes you unhappy with it?
Partially the shape, partially the poor charging design, but mostly, I don't like the touch pad area. I much prefer a clickable wheel.

If you don't want a BT mouse,you can take a look here:
Awesome thanks, I'll take a look at those.

I have a Logitech M337 wireless Bluetooth mouse (no "nubby" thing) and very happy with that paired with my M1 14" MBP.

Thanks for the info

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I just picked up a Logitech MX Master 3 that pairs over BT or the USB dongle. I'm coming to it from a Magic Trackpad. The gestures take a little getting used to, but other than that it's been fine.

What I like about this series of devices is that you can pair them with up to 3 computers and then switch between them easily.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Re-read @krs comment. You said the feel is important to you. Go to a store and try the fit for you. Your hands are not the same shape or feel as anybody else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I just picked up a Logitech MX Master 3 that pairs over BT or the USB dongle.

I was going to suggest the older Logitech M705 USB wireless mouse that is one of the best mice I have used and also supported by those who I have recommended it to, but in their stupidity with their recent rebirth of the exactly the same model they dropped the eight button and changed the slider design plus it doesn't seem to work properly with their software so forget the new model but their M720 does have the 8th button and is Bluetooth or USB dongle with Mac OS support, and there are always some reasonably priced USB-C to USB-A Adapters available if you need them.

Highly recommended smooth working button customization mouse.

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Obviously logitech mice that have the USB-A nubby thing won't work with my 14" M1 Mac

Can you not use a USB-C to USB-A Adapter???

Some are very small.

- Patrick
=======

krs

Reaction score
Can you not use a USB-C to USB-A Adapter???

Some are very small.
Have you looked at any in detail?

I took a quick look when this thread was first posted - all the ones I initially came across were adapters that allowed connection of USB-C peripherals to a omputer with only USB-A ports.
In this case we need the opposite, an adapter with a female USB-A port (for the wireless mouse dongle) that plugs into a USB-C port on the Mac. I'm sure they exist, just aren't that common.
But for a laptop with a limited number of USB ports to start with, I think it makes more sense to use a BT mouse and save the available USB-C ports for other peripherals.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In this case we need the opposite, an adapter with a female USB-A port (for the wireless mouse dongle) that plugs into a USB-C port on the Mac. I'm sure they exist, just aren't that common.

The first hit with a google search showed me several, readily availadle reasonably priced adapters that should work well, including these:
Product Details
Belkin USB-C to USB-A Adapter (F2CU036BTBLK)

Insignia 4-Port USB-C Hub (NS-PCHC4A-C)

Forget the stupidly axpensive Apple priced adapter. What are they thinking other than their stock holders or covering some special exotic design costs??? Crazy... and out to lunch IMHO... :-(

- Patrick
=======

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

I took a quick look when this thread was first posted - all the ones I initially came across were adapters that allowed connection of USB-C peripherals to a omputer with only USB-A ports.
But for a laptop with a limited number of USB ports to start with, I think it makes more sense to use a BT mouse and save the available USB-C ports for other peripherals.
I added the emphasis. Here is exactly that, been around for years.

Not insanely expensive, works perfectly as advertised. (I do have one.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not insanely expensive, works perfectly as advertised. (I do have one.)

The seemingly to me expensive Apple USB adapter I was referring to was the one at bestbuy.ca:
Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter (MUF82AM/A)
$85.00cdn (about $65.00 usd)

It's good to know they actually have a reasonably priced single USB-A adapter @ $18.00usd.

Anyway, wouldn't they work for a Logitech USB wireless mouse that uses their mini USB-A dongle???
I don't see why the OP would be having such a problem.

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The difference, Patrick, is that the one you found has three different outputs--USBc, HDMI, and USB-A. That means there is a lot more packed into it to support those protocols. The one I showed was just USB-A. You can find cheaper ones, but given that lots of folks have occasions where third-party stuff doesn't work so well, the price for genuine Apple seemed reasonable.

Reaction score
In this case we need the opposite, an adapter with a female USB-A port (for the wireless mouse dongle) that plugs into a USB-C port on the Mac.

This one is cheap, and it always works:

Anker USB-C to USB 3.1 Adapter
$15
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Adapter-Converts-Technology-Compatible/dp/B01COOQIKU/
I think it makes more sense to use a BT mouse and save the available USB-C ports for other peripherals.

You can do that, but there are now inexpensive mini-hubs that work well to provide all of the connections that you will likely need. I recommend this one all the time:

Plugable USB-C Hub 7-in-1
$30
https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Multiport-Compatible-Chromebook-Thunderbolt/dp/B08BLXG7C1/

The thing is, I hear from folks having problems with Bluetooth way too often. I much prefer Logitech's RF wireless mice. Their little dongle takes up a USB port, but they are inexpensive and bulletproof.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
The thing is, I hear from folks having problems with Bluetooth way too often. I much prefer Logitech's RF wireless mice. Their little dongle takes up a USB port, but they are inexpensive and bulletproof.

Ditto. I've had problems with 3rd party BT keyboards on my Macs over the years, not connecting when waking up. In the case of one that could be toggled between multiple devices, I'd have to toggle over to a different device, then toggle back to the Mac just to get it to re-connect. I don't recall offhand having similar issues with my Logitech mice, but I think I've always used the dongle, or maybe switched to using it for this same reason. The connection is rock solid and more responsive (less lag). That said, I personally wouldn't want a dongle on my MacBook if I could avoid it. At the least, sticking with Logi mice that can do BT or a dongle would maintain both as options. My mouse of choice for my iMac is the MX Master 3. Big. Ergonomic. Love it!

krs

Reaction score
Appreciate the adapters everyone posted, but since the dongle for a wireless mouse is tiny I was not looking for a cable type adapter with the dongle hanging off the end, but an adapter like this one - just with the correct ports
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B079LYHNSR/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just reverse the search terms at Amazon. Found a lot, including this one. I have no idea how well it works, it's just an example:

And if one is on a real budget kick and doesn't mind waiting a few weeks do a search at AliExpress.com.

I got a similar adapter for one of my devices as I wanted a smaller one than what Amazon could provide and it works well and it would have cost me $0.41 Canadian if I had used their free shipping cuz I paid a dollar more for faster shipping.

As I said it works very well, and the price for sure was easy to swallow...

I still don't know why the OP thinks they cannot use such an adapter in order to use a Logitech USB wireless mouse???

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.