Windscribe VPN

Reaction score
Received the e-mail offer for this VPN. I will be spending several months in Morocco where a VPN is necessary for Skype and Facetime. Would Windscribe work there?

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
galvinize, I can see no reason why it would not work there. Although this is a relatively new service it appears to rate up there with the best for price, number of locations and ease of use although reading between the lines here I notice there is no 24/7 live support. It also does a few things like Double Hop and provides a browser extension which mine does not. Mine on the other hand provides a free iOS version for my iPhone. Suffice to say the free version with it's 10Gb limit should be plenty for your needs and the Pro version is just under what I pay per year. I have found price is a pretty good yardstick to measure VPN services, you pretty much get what you pay for.
Bear in mind the free version only gives you 9 locations and 1 connection but you did not say if you were going for the free or paid version.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thank you for responding. I am referring to the Windscribe paid version in the "Deals" section of this forum. I was hoping to use it with iPad and MacBook, but it does not appear to be compatible with iOS.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@galvinize: Just a heads up....

If you see something in the "Deals" section, it might be a good idea to visit the web site of the software provider and investigate for any compatibility problems before you buy. I see that you already have done that for the Windscribe VPN. The reason I mention this to you is that there have been some problems in the past about "Deals" returns for which we (the forum staff) have received complaints. Unfortunately we have no control over the "Deals" as that is controlled by the forum owners.

Reaction score
Vpn

my friend if you are willing to buy a premium VPN why are you getting Windscribe? i dont its a very good VPN. why not Try Express VPN or IPvanish VPN? as you can see even VPNgrades.com as ranked it in the top 5 VPNs. im sure they must be good enoughed to be ranked...

OP
G
Reaction score
my friend if you are willing to buy a premium VPN why are you getting Windscribe? i dont its a very good VPN. why not Try Express VPN or IPvanish VPN? as you can see even VPNgrades.com as ranked it in the top 5 VPNs. im sure they must be good enoughed to be ranked...
Thank you for the suggestion. While researching Windscribe, we have seen that there are many VPNs with many variables (price, OS/iOS compatibility, etc.). At this point, TunnelBear looks good, but I will also look at your suggestions.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I used ExpressVPN during trips to China a few times and it worked quite well and reasonably fast. They have a number of local enough connection points to avoid going across the entire world for your connection.

Understand, however, that if your primary use of the VPN is going to be video chatting services like Skype/Facetime, you're not going to have the best quality or experience.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Express VPN, easy to setup, has free iOS version to subscribers, very easy to use, 24/7 live chat support and about the same price. I also tried PureVPN and found it much more difficult to set up, required manual adjustment of settings to optimise performance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.