Windows disk still in the boot selection

Reaction score
Hello Mac Forums,

Yesterday I decided to install Windows 10 using Bootcamp. I decided to just stay on OSX after installing. I was not aware of such feature in Bootcamp that can remove the Bootcamp partition. But instead, I used the Disk Utility to erase the partition from the SSD. I restarted to make sure, but I was booted to Windows, and was presented by a boot error regarding the .efi for Windows cannot be found. Any ways to delete this partition?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
When deleting a BootCamp partition it's always best to let the BootCamp Assistant remove Windows. Run the assistant and it should be able to correct the problem. The option will say something like "restore the disk to a single partition". If you don't see something like that try the following:
1. Let the BootCamp assistant re-create the Windows partition. I don't think you'll need to re-install Windows just create a Windows partition.
2. Once the partition is successfully created re-run the utility and choose the option to restore the disk to a single partition.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.