• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Why You Can't Compare Apple and Microsoft (Long Read)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I take it from your silly string of posts that you want to continue to look foolish here. It also appears that since you can't prove the point that I asked you to, you are going to argue with anyone who posts here. Surfwax never said it was a Mac - VS - PC thread, maybe you need to read the posts before you respond to them, learning to respond to the correct post would also be helpful. Here's a clue for you, anyone who reads this thread is free to comment if they like, your permission is not required.

Either learn to make a coherent argument , or continue to look like a fool. Thus far you have achieved the later quite nicely.

And remember kids, bold letters make a bold statement!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Hmm...I think this thread should stop before it goes too far...

Personnally, I agree that MS and Apple are different companies in their objectives, which is pretty obvious, as MS does not sell hardware, therefore does everything to sell their software as much as possible. That is in fact easier than selling good hardware. Apple certainly could sell their hardware at a cheaper price, but on the other hand, why would they?! It has always been that way, it worked, and still works.
Now about Apple or Macs not being known outside of the US, well, I do not live in the US, but in Europe. I can't tell about the rest of the world, but Apple is pretty well known over here. Even people that never worked on a Mac or ever saw one in real know that it does exist. Just because most people go with the flow (which creates a big market share) doesn't mean they are ignorant. That said, lots of people use Windows without knowing what's the difference between the OS and their software.
If Apple was known as little as it's market share is, I wouldn't have the job I do, working at an Apple reseller and service provider who does not sell Windows PCs...and this since over 10 years, with an always growing customer base.
It is pretty normal that foreign Mac users might not appear that much on english forums, as not everybody in the world speaks or understands english.

Now about being consumer friendly...the average consumer of today does not want to customize his computer, and does not want to have to fiddle with the computer's inside. They want a computer that simply works without knowing about all the rest. Windows user either have some inside knowledge themselves, or at least know someone that has. I know a lot of Mac users that use them since the beginning, and still have no idea what's inside, what the difference between memory and harddisk is etc...they just work with their software and are happy with it...I don't know one single Windows user that fits in that scheme, and I worked many years on Windows before, and still do troubleshoot those of some friends that, for whatever reason cannot or don't want buy an Apple.

OP
J

jy106

Kamikaze said:
Prove me wrong without using yourself as an example if that is possible.

I go to school in the UK, i would say that 90% have heard of OSX.

Where did you get that idea from?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook 12", ipod photo 20gig
@kamikaze's been living in a closet all this time..
tsk tsk tsk..i pity you man.
here's a suggestion, go out..make sure you have a bit of a shade..coz there's this big light bulb that's definitely going to scorch you. then, be sure to watch yourself while you're walking around, and mind those walking things..these are called "humans" and "people" and most of them have a "life"..you know what that is?
its more than just having a "pulse" for which i presume you still have one, though i would guess it would be on the brink of giving up on you.

but honestly, you make up all this crap..for what? i don't see your point, nobody can..you're incoherent, inarticulate..and dthat's the basis for any argument.. from the looks of it, you can't get through life, and if you have tried, its most likely that you failed. badly.

so here's my two cents. stop rotting yourself using the internet in a dark lit room with your xbox live across the room, get up and do something that's worth doing.

as for your first post.
its utter bull****, and even if you had (if any) valid points, it doesn't stand.
for one thing, we don't care about the market share of the mac or how many people use it compared to windows users. so what if in this mushroom world you live in, people have never heard of the osx? us who do and are using it are happy with it.
here's a good base for analysis,find out how many mac users are happy with their computers, and how many pc users are happy with their purchase. not the ones who just bought it though, but those who had it for a while.
i'm not gonna bash windows- this thread has never been about that, its about mr kamikaze here, being very close minded and fooled by one article. qquestion, the writer of this article of yours..for who does he write for?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1gb RAM 80gb HD, Superdrive, iPod video 30gb
jy106 said:
I go to school in the UK, i would say that 90% have heard of OSX.

Where did you get that idea from?

I agree with you, I too come from the UK, we use them all the time in college (infact my whole class owns a mac practically). Like you said man do your research before you make opinions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I am going to lock this thread, this is clearly a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.