• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Who Here Has Tarantulas?

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
You know, that actually wasn't that bad. I was expecting to be a little more freaked out ... now in person that would be a different story. ;)

I used to be arachnophobic. Really I was. You just have to educate yourself about them. They are beautiful creatures in their own etiny. They're inherently docile, better than what we can say for humans. Untamed humans leads to badddd things...

I've had tarantulas for 4 years, over 30 different species and I've never been bitten. They just get a bad wrap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
I used to be arachnophobic. Really I was. You just have to educate yourself about them. They are beautiful creatures in their own etiny. They're inherently docile, better than what we can say for humans. Untamed humans leads to badddd things...

I've had tarantulas for 4 years, over 30 different species and I've never been bitten. They just get a bad wrap.

It's funny, because for my work and my education I deal with statistics all day long. I know that they aren't that bad, they just creep me out on like an instinctual level, ya know. Basically I would need some type of immersion type of therapy (just being around them a little at first, then more and more) and I am sure I would get over it eventually.

:)

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
I can see lots of differences. :)

They each have their own separate tanks?

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.