Which Macbook should i get?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple White MacBook 2.16 GHZ, Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor
I have a 2.16Ghz macbook and it seems to do everything just fine. I would recommend the macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
thanks for all your info, got another question if i buy a macbook from eBay do i have still have to pay customs tax if its delivered to england, i don't in england but what bout the states?

You can buy it off eBay if you have done your research (in case you have problems with it get an Apple warranty as well). However, I found that the price for shipping and taxes from outside of my country to my country would be nearly the same amount as if I just bought it from the Apple store. I also wanted to upgrade my machine, which is easily done through the Apple store compared to eBay sellers (although don't buy RAM from Apple). Your seller can mark your shipment as a gift, but you still have to pay some money in taxes and if you get caught there will be a fine as well (and while most packages don't get caught, a computer is bit more obvious since it's large and heavy). If you can't risk paying that money then don't buy it from overseas.

If you're certain about the seller, go ahead and purchase it. But I personally wouldn't make that large of a purchase through eBay.

OP
srgthunder
Reaction score
advice taken thx im gunna try and pin down a refurb but their soooo rare now for some reason

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
I'm a student as well, studying A-levels, i've got the lowest end macbook but with a super drive ( this was when i bought them before they were updated)

If your going to be using it for h/w and stuff then you'll need to buy MS Office for mac. The 2004 version is pretty slow on intel macs so I would wait to purchase MS Office 2008 which should be faster - that come out in Jan '08.

In the mean time you can try out neoffice which is a free alternative but has some compatibility issues with MS Office and is also pretty slow....

Reaction score
In your case I would recommend getting the upper-class White MacBook.
The Black MacBook is a great laptop but it's not worth the extra money.
The MacBook Pro lineup would make more sense if you were a professional. However, for the type of usage that you outlined the White MacBook simply makes more sense.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13inch white 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB RAM
I got the 13 inch MacBook 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB memory, 120GB hard drive1, Double-layer SuperDrive. I would think this would be a good option. Mine is stock, no added memory or anything. I made sure to get AppleCare warranty.

I use mine for music, movies, writing a novel (using iWork 08), surfing, and playing only a few games like Chessmaster 9000.

I agree you wouldnt need the MBP unless you get the extra $$$ and just want one. My MacBook has more stuff than I will ever utilize.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.