Which Mac Mini should I get?

Reaction score
My Mac Mini (2008?) is too old and it even tells me it's time to replace it.

I don't have lots of money and the only thing I am going to use it for is the Internet and iMovie. Should I be able to get by with Mac Mini 1.4 Ghz 500 GB storage or should I get a 2.6 Ghz 1TB storage.

Thanks for any help you can give to me! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Suggest you go with the 2.6GHz if the pocket can stand it. It has just on twice the GeekBench Test Score of the 1.4GHz. Not surprising twice the CPU capacity.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Internet is not an issue at all but depending on what you do in iMovie and a lot of converting and compressing of movies, the faster mini would be a better choice.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
My Mac Mini (2008?) is too old and it even tells me it's time to replace it.

It really would be better to have EXACT model info Mac-Mini you have (before "pulling the plug" on it & buying something new). And…it would be better to know EXACTLY…what the computer is "saying" regarding "it is time to replace it". No Apple computer actually says this exact statement.;)

As far as a new Mac-Mini. ANY new Mac-Mini will fit your needs. Since ANY new Mac-Mini will be WAY BETTER than a 2008 Mac-Mini.:)

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
It really would be better to have EXACT model info Mac-Mini you have (before "pulling the plug" on it & buying something new). And…it would be better to know EXACTLY…what the computer is "saying" regarding "it is time to replace it". No Apple computer actually says this exact statement.;)

As far as a new Mac-Mini. ANY new Mac-Mini will fit your needs. Since ANY new Mac-Mini will be WAY BETTER than a 2008 Mac-Mini.:)

- Nick

LOL! So true! :D

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's responses! I decided to go on Ebay and get a used Mac Mini 2.6 Ghz 1TB storage. I buy it in a week or so.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.