Which DVI adaptor cable do I need?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 20", 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 800Mhz DDR2 SDRAM, 1TB HDD
I just bought my first iMac second hand (late 2008 model), love it. It didn`t come the manual so haven`t been able to identify which video out port I have. After checking the apple website and seeing Mini DVI , Micro DVI and Mini Display Port options on the various models, I don`t know which one I have.

Can someone please identify the port I have on the back of my iMac from the picture I`ve attached and maybe even let me know which adaptor cable I need to buy to connect a second regular LCD (Non-Apple) DVI supporting monitor and have dual displays. Any help would be very much appreciated.

- Andy

DVI-Out.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
that is a mini-DVI port, what inputs does the LCD have

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks very much! So I need the Mini DVI to DVI cable I guess.
My LCD monitor has both regular VGA and DVI inputs. So in thoery I should be able to buy the Mini-DVI to DVI cable, connect a regular PC DVI cable to it and run it to my other monitor? Thanks again for the help.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just bought the Mini DVI to DVI cable.. pricey! Way too pricey.. but it works perfectly. I just plugged in my extra monitor and now I have my dual monitors setup. Thanks so much for the help ! I really appreciate it.

imac-dual-screens.jpg

- Andy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.