WhatsApp: all of a sudden all text is double-spaced...

Reaction score
hi,

this is driving me nuts.. if I search for, say, "whatsapp text is double-spaced", the results I get have nothing to do with WhatsApp... really weird...

so: all of a sudden all text in my WhatsApp is double-spaced, messages received as well as sent... what is causing this.. how do I fix it...

thank you.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
WhatsApp: all of a sudden all text is double-spaced...

Try putting "WhatsApp" in quotes in your searches. Might help.

Sorry I can't help further as I never use "WhatsApp".

- Patrick
======

Last edited:
M

MacInWin

Also, it is most likely that the sender sent it double spaced, so you cannot change it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Also, it is most likely that the sender sent it double spaced, so you cannot change it.

lmao.gif LOL!!!

Amazing that something so logical can escape being noticed as a valid explanation eh??? :D

- Patrick
======

OP
K
Reaction score

nope.... the text in all messages, incoming & outgoing, for all contacts, is double-spaced...
(and I doubt users can change text in their messages to be double-spaced...;~)

OP
K
Reaction score
well, whaddayaknow... when you go to settings -> help -> contact us.... you can actually contact them.... let's hope someone will read it......;-)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
K
Reaction score
well, whaddayknow, guys... they responded already... less than 24 hrs after I sent them my message, I couldn't believe it.... this is what they said exactly, and I quote:

Hi,

Thank you for informing us about the issue; it will be fixed in a future version of WhatsApp. Unfortunately, we can't comment on any future timelines, sorry. Thank you for your continued patience and support of WhatsApp.

Ani
WhatsApp Support Team

(does this mean they upgrade WhatsApp on users' devices without the user knowing.....?????? :-o
it seems this started happening after an upgrade...)

(and thank you Patrick, for posting those urls.. I will certainly look at them....)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
they fixed it….as of this morning.......:)

Well I guess one week later from your last message isn't too bad but it also sounds like someone isn't testing their "upgrades" very well.
Maybe a good time to disable any auto updates if that's possible.

But also odd that the same problem didn't turn up very many hits when searching the web last week.

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.