Whats up with bootcamp?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Ok. Next thing I would do is check for firmware updates for your computer. There are one or two that specifically address issues with Boot Camp, although I don't know the specifics. It certainly can't hurt to try. Go here:
http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/
and search by using "firmware" and "your mac model" (iMac, MacBoook, etc) as the search terms.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
How old is your macbook? Only reason I ask is because.. .mine is just over a year old and I had cd's and dvd's that were reading as "blank" when I KNEW there was stuff on it. XP and Leopard!! Turns out that my CD/DVD drive just needed to be cleaned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ilja... if the firmware updates don't work out, or if cleaning out the drive as MACy suggests doesn't help, here's a couple other things to try:

If you can get online, run Windows Update and install all the updates available. Perhaps there's one that addresses this issue. If that fails, then try deleting the drive from the Device Manager and let Windows re-add it. Hopefully this time it will install the correct drivers.

What part of the problem "may" be is simply Windows XP, being a 7-year-old OS now, may be having trouble recognizing or properly utilizing the latest hardware, assuming you have a relatively new Mac. Sure... Boot Camp should have the drivers it needs, but if Windows can't read the DVD because it doesn't support that drive fully with a fresh install, well loads of good that does!

If the above tips don't work, I have one more idea but I need to try it at home first to be sure you can do what I'm thinking of.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was doing some more Googling and ran across an article in a forum from someone with the identical problem as yours. One responder recommended using MacDrive in Windows and using an option in that software to read the Windows session on the DVD. They have a fully functional trial version, so I would definitely check into this.
http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=190924

OP
ilja.olijevskis
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook
yeah Mac drive thing! i have it... had it before i started the topic... So umm, yeah i can hit - read mac contents, but nothing changes.. I am going to try to clean the drive.. Although not sure how to do it... but umm... and i am going to try installing some updates.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
I don't know the "proper" way to clean a drive but I just used a cd/dvd cleaner cd you just pop it in and let the little brushes on the CD clean the lens...

Worked for me....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah Mac drive thing! i have it... had it before i started the topic... So umm, yeah i can hit - read mac contents, but nothing changes.. I am going to try to clean the drive.. Although not sure how to do it... but umm... and i am going to try installing some updates.

Just to be absolutely certain... did you follow the directions posted in the link I posted? There were some specific directions there for reading a Windows session.

Also... can you find out what make/model your drive is using "About this Mac"? I'm curious to see if there are any known issues with it. I'm determined to help you solve this puzzle... it's a matter of pride now. ;) Besides... troubleshooting is a great learning experience.

BTW... I found a couple more inquiries while Googling from people with this same problem, one in an Apple forum, so you aren't alone. Unfortunately, no solution seems evident except perhaps the MacDrive one. You may have to wind up trying a different drive if all else fails.

OP
ilja.olijevskis
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook
GOT IT!
Someone posted on internet Bootcamp win xp files for leopard! Now the problem is that i didnt put enough room for my win xp :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.