What made you switch?

Reaction score
I have been using Windows all they way back to version 3.0. Like all versions of Windows, it had its problems and the solution offered by Microsoft was to wait for the next version and spend more money.

I remember the Windows 95 release and Windows 98 release. All horrible and full of bugs. The fix was the usual wait and spend more money.

Eventually I switched all my PC's to Linux. I tried Red Hat, SuSE, and Ubuntu. Ubuntu is the more compatible with my hardware and the easiest to install and set up. I currently run a server on a Mac Sawtooth running Ubuntu for PowerPC. Works great.

When my step-daughter wanted a laptop for college, I purchased an iBook G4 for her because of her history of infecting Windows computers with all manner of viruses. She has not had one problem with her Mac, like those she had with Windows PC's.

That experience and the OS X operating system sold me on Mac. I bought one of the first generations of the mini. It does everything I want and I have no fear of letting the teenagers use it.

The company I work for issues Windows laptops with Windows XP. They load it with all their software including virus protection and firewall software. It takes forever to boot from scratch. Recently they offered the equivalent of their PC software stack for the Mac. It makes the Mac for work very inviting. :D

OP
DriftNismo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
These are interesting points. This isn't the thread for debating these sorts of things, and this forum in general tends to frown on anyone that wants to debate, so I'll just say I find your observations fascinating.

I noticed that as well. I would be happy to talk to you more on it on msn or by e-mail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" Ultimate (2010)
It's a long story, but it started with an iPod nano.

Reaction score
I really dont know..I got tired of my Windows xp (bootleg copy) being littered with viruses and whatnot. Also the computer always needed some driver,or this or that.I started checking out macs because of their look but their reliability. Saw that the pro was tad over 1k and realized it had everything that I will EVER need for years to come. So I took the plunge and even convinced my friend to buy.

Also the experience at the Apple store made me feel like a champ. I think that if this computer went down I would definitely be able to get help and worst case a new computer!..

And so far Its been amazing.Anything I need I can find on the internet. And the mac has been running perfect.

I love the look of my mac.

Only thing that I dont like is

-for the price they COULD give us more RAM.

-MBP keyboard is very flimsy.I like the old feel of the keyboard.Nice and solid.These keys wobble to much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2005 G4 Mini & 2014 Mini & 2020 M1 Mini
My first mac was my very first computer back around 1998. A strawberry imac 333 mhz, 32 mb ram, and six gig hard drive with os 08.6. Awesome machine. When broadband came around I maxed out the ram to around 292mb. That machine screamed. Then I got married and my wife would only use windows because the mac was different she wouldn't take the time to learn it. So I migrated to pc's. Three years ago I wanted to start editing movies of my son growing up. So I bought the macbook. I bought the laptop because no one else in the house would use a mac. So I got it for myself. Well my wife divorced me and I got the mac and she got the pc. Last year I got my father to buy an Imac. He had a gateway that always gave him problems. Since he bought the Imac I have never had to go and help him fix anything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.