What kinda mouse do you use with your ibook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
I have a PowerMac G5 with internal bluetooth, if that counts....I use the Apple Bluetooth Mouse and Keyboard and absolutely love it! Only technically is there a difference between wired and Bluetooth, but it's not noticeable to the human eye!

No cords Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

mangoSharingan

Hmm...I'm getting my iBook soon and will be playing games on it like Football Manager 2005 so it would be much easier if I had a mouse. I don't think I'll bother with an optical mouse though because I can't be bothered to change batteries etc...So I might as well get an USB. Why the heck did they put all the ports on the left btw?

U

UnderOath

no matter where they put them if you use usb mice, etc.. you're still gonna have cords all over the place! wireless/bluetooth is the way to go. I love the apple usb optical mouse though, it's awesome. :)

D

Desolate One

mangoSharingan said:
I don't think I'll bother with an optical mouse though because I can't be bothered to change batteries etc...So I might as well get an USB. Why the heck did they put all the ports on the left btw?

You mean "wireless". They have corded optical mice. Had 'em for years. ;)

R

RingPop

I have the Kensington StudioMouse Wireless with my iBook. It looks great next to the iBook and is much prettier in person than online. It's also a pretty good price. I wouldn't recommend the wireless one unless you have a separate USB hub or you don't mind the size of the USB plug for the mouse stand (it's double the size of a regular USB.) The mouse can be purchased at the Apple Store for the best price.

WIRELESS VERSION:
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...o/eT2LbvNP95Fl3zMfYPUaCo4sgHx/1.0.11.1.0.6.10

CORDED VERSION:
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...o/eT2LbvNP95Fl3zMfYPUaCo4sgHx/1.0.11.1.0.6.10

M

mangoSharingan

How often do you guys have to change to the batteries on your wireless mice? And can you use rechargeable batteries?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Batteries on Apple BT mouse last about 4 months, I've had mine since August 13th, running ever since, and it reads two bars.

As for rechargeable batteries, I'm not sure, but I'm sure it would be fine..

R

RingPop

mangoSharingan said:
How often do you guys have to change to the batteries on your wireless mice? And can you use rechargeable batteries?

on my mouse (kensington studio) it comes with rechargable batteries, and a rechargable stand. If i never put it back on the stand it runs out of charge in probably two days. But I haven't had to replace the rechargable ones yet, those should last quite a while.

S

suhasG

Try this

If you want a small travel mouse , check 'Contour Design's ' MiniPro USB wired mouse. It is much better than any small mouse out there in the market (wireless / wired)

Very comfortable, slick, accurate. Its color and design closly matches with iBook , sounds like it is made by Apple especially for iBook.

A a color matched version is available for Powerbook users .

I got it from www.beachaudio.com for $22 + tax + shipping. It is also available at B&H ($29.99 + shipping) , local Fry's store in San Diego has some in stock.

Hope this helps.

SUhasG

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.