What is the point of iTV??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
So does my Quad, but I don't want to run a cable clear across my living room to get to the TV, or even to move the location of my computer. Wireless is the way to go and I've been waiting for something like this, from Apple, for some time.

That's what I thought too - my desktop is way too big and ugly to be in the sitting room.

Strange though, if you look at the AppleTV page, it doesn't actually say the thing does what I'd imagine most people would want it for - streaming the stuff you already have on Itunes.

I have most of my DVDs ripped to Itunes - the originals get tucked away where they can't be wrecked. If I could attach one of these gadgets to my TV and call up my Itunes Library, I'd be interested. At first glance, it doesn't actually say it can do that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 7200 RPM 250 HD, 2 gig Ram, 2.4 Gig processor... IPHONE 3g
I still don't understand what good apple tv is , but it would be great if it was wireless like time capsule, and you could send things from your mbp (or whatever mac computer you have) to it and it would play them. I wish it had lots of file formats, and organized your stuff etc...

Also bigger hd for dvr would be awesome because 40 gigs is crap. Put at least 500 or don't waste my time lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I still don't understand what good apple tv is , but it would be great if it was wireless like time capsule, and you could send things from your mbp (or whatever mac computer you have) to it and it would play them. I wish it had lots of file formats, and organized your stuff etc...

Also bigger hd for dvr would be awesome because 40 gigs is crap. Put at least 500 or don't waste my time lol.

That's funny... you just described precisely what it already does:

It has wifi built-in, you can sync (copy) content onto the internal harddrive or stream it from any Mac.

There's a 160GB model as well as the 40GB version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2.16ghz 2gb ram 250gb HD
we own one in our house and its brilliant. yes its got its problems (file compatability) but for me in my house its the best solution. 4 macs all with video on all now connected to the living room.

there are many ways to achieve what apple tv does but few do it so elegantly

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.