• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What if the mods had to.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Just remember, there's always a real flesh and blood person behind each of these messages.

Really? And here I was, thinking that I was talking to a bunch of machines ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8GB o' RAM, 4.5 TB o' disc space, OS Ecks 10.6.7, etc
schweb, I had my post edited to remove the word "suck" before, and I even sent you or one of the mods a PM about another user like two or three posts above mine using the same word. Nothing was done to that user's post, and the words weren't exactly used in different contexts. I see that as favoritism. I've also had "****** off" edited into something about a Barbie Dreamhouse. "****** off" falls in the same area as crap and suck. I am not making this up nor lying. Also I feel that if I were to tell anyone that they were "full of it" under any circumstance, I'd get admonished... though maybe not with an infraction.

EDIT: FINALLY you have enabled the censor feature!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
schweb, I had my post edited to remove the word "suck" before, and I even sent you a PM about another user like two or three posts above mine using the same word. Nothing was done to that user's post, and the words weren't exactly used in different contexts. I see that as favoritism. I've also had "****** off" edited into something about a Barbie Dreamhouse. "****** off" falls in the same area as crap and suck. I am not making this up nor lying.

Good job to whoever came up with Barbie Dreamhouse. Had me laughing for a couple of minutes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
schweb, I had my post edited to remove the word "suck" before, and I even sent you or one of the mods a PM about another user like two or three posts above mine using the same word. Nothing was done to that user's post, and the words weren't exactly used in different contexts. I see that as favoritism. I've also had "****** off" edited into something about a Barbie Dreamhouse. "****** off" falls in the same area as crap and suck. I am not making this up nor lying. Also I feel that if I were to tell anyone that they were "full of it" under any circumstance, I'd get admonished... though maybe not with an infraction.

Joe once again, you're lying. Crap and suck have never been edited nor deleted. No one has ever been given an infraction for that. Therefore if you've reported them and nothing was done, that's the reason. Also, you should use the "report post" function, not PMing to report posts you think violate the rules.

And no, you wouldn't get an infraction for telling someone they're full of it. My patience with your complete fabrication of the truth is wearing thin.

If you are unable to express yourself without profanity, another forum may be more suitable.

BTW, the censor feature has always been enabled. We just need to keep adding words that people with limited vocabularies attempt to use here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
We just need to keep adding words that people with limited vocabularies attempt to use here.

oooooh snap!

I think the moderators must send us a cookie when when solve someone's problem. Or they must turn everyone's post into a haiku or something.
I am hungry, so I vote for the cookie idea!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Schweb, I checked my old PMs and you are right about the suck/crap thing. I apologize for that. I was not fabricating or lying, just temporarily misinformed and I didn't do my research first. It was the PO'd thing I was referring to. Someone else used it in a post above mine, and a mod edited my post but not the other right above on the same page. You certainly can't blame a guy for seeing that as favoritism, which is why I recommended the censor feature to prevent all instances.

And no, you wouldn't get an infraction for telling someone they're full of it. My patience with your complete fabrication of the truth is wearing thin.
I was stating how I feel, I was not "fabricating" when I said I felt I would be admonished. The rules say that being insulting is not allowed (and I agree), and I figure that telling someone they're full of it would be deemed "insulting". Perhaps the rules need a bit of clarification on what "insulting" is.

I'd suggest putting ALL words that you don't like seeing on the forum into the censor, that way they will never appear and when people see their words censored, they won't bother to use them. If they try to work around it, that that would be reason enough for a ban in my book. In the end it is a private forum and you decide what words can and can't be used. There will always be people who try to bend the rules. If you look at my posting history, I think you'll find that my vocabulary is plenty adequate. I like to think that I contribute positively to this place.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Joe, if you feel someone's post violates the rules, use the "report post" function. I looked through our history and I see no previous posts reported by you.

Feel free to find the posts you feel was a violation and report it and we'll investigate. But to claim we are showing favoritism when you never properly reported what you feel is a violation is a bit disingenuous.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, I will go and report it. But when I was explaining the favoritism thing, I was referring to how my post was edited and the other person's was not. I was talking about what I saw at that instant. I am not claiming that you are still showing favoritism NOW, that's just how it appeared at the time. And that also might be how it appeared to unregistered users browsing the thread... you never know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, I will go and report it. But when I was explaining the favoritism thing, I was referring to how my post was edited and the other person's was not. I was talking about what I saw at that instant. I am not claiming that you are still showing favoritism NOW, that's just how it appeared at the time. And that also might be how it appeared to unregistered users browsing the thread... you never know.

Joe, your post was reported and dealt with. If the other post was never reported, then how are we to know? How can we deal with it? We cannot read all the posts made here every day.

If you feel there's favoritism, so be it. Like others who have used the same accusation and not bothered to report any of the posts we've supposedly favored, it truly rings hallow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Joe Redifer,

As schweb has said, you should just report the threads and what not. This isn't the thread for you to be discussing past incidents.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Joe Redifer,

As schweb has said, you should just report the threads and what not. This isn't the thread for you to be discussing past incidents.

And with that, I'll take the liberty to close this thread as it has run it's course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.