what i want in the 2012 macbook pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
With 98% of my music in lossless the optical drive is still very important to me until iTunes offers lossless downloads I hope they do not remove it and I am not interested in packing an external drive with me or I would have purchased an Air instead of a MBP.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 15" i7 2.2 8GB ram late 2011, Ipod touch 4g 8GB,Ipad 2 16GB
@Doug b well you would not believe how much the mac costs to make i think its in the relm of £800 _£900 let me put this to you the ipad the 3g costs apple less than £8 to make and charge a arm and a leg the case only costs $25 to make the screen the most expensive part clocks at £125 so apple make loads on just that so think how much they make off a macbook pro you can buy a pc with 3d blueray and good gaming for less than a mac apple are just greedy taking out the optical drive will save apple about $80 and will not bring down the price at all in the end its comes down to greed

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@chas_m no need to be belittling a hdmi port offer more use to most users than a thunderbolt port and yes there is a heat issue use youtube btw i got the macbook pro 15" i7 i put it on the box and on tic it was hitting 80* and on light web browsing it was hitting 90 odd if thats not a heat issue i dont know what is and in the case of optical drive if you read my later post i do say UK 75% of music sold in the UK were bought in disk and the 25% were from web but the usa mostly download it illegally so thats why its mostly downloaded from web in the usa as people use it in the car as its safer to leve a few disks than carry a £164 i pod and if you are paying 1500 for a laptop i want the basics of a laptop maybe alien were was not the best example for me being dyslexic white on black aint good for dyslexics blue is good for me so blue lit keys help my typing and for others its red green ect... im not on about the extent as dell but suttle tones and usb 3.0 will see more action than thunder bolt no need to be a snob macs are over priced you need to look around you would see this to be true what i have asked for is not rediclious or unreasonable you will be disappointed if you want a unicorn

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@Doug b if im buying a pro i want a pro not a air wanna be the pro is the power house and demands a unique design from the macbooks the and the air is for the dainty personal assistant and the uni studant

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
With 98% of my music in lossless the optical drive is still very important to me until iTunes offers lossless downloads I hope they do not remove it and I am not interested in packing an external drive with me or I would have purchased an Air instead of a MBP.

that will never

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I actually wonder if the trackpad is hinged at the top as I can't actually push the trackpad down if I press either of the top corners. Certainly doesn't bother me though - I would have never even noticed if I hadn't read this thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I'm not saying Apple needs to compete with "bargain" Windows machines. As prices fall for computers, Apple seems to maintain their prices. All I'm asking is that Apple reduce a little of the pricing as others are also doing so. Many people I've talked to mentioned Apple's prices as one very important reason as why they haven't switched yet.

The heaviness was only one issue. Carrying a laptop around all day can get tiresome for some people. You obviously don't have that problem but there is no need to get personal with your gym comment. My preference about what is heavy is not the same as yours. I wouldn't mind the 15" MBPs getting lighter but not at the cost of an optical drive.

Getting rid of the optical drive still doesn't solve the problem of having to carry around extra accessories. I prefer not to carry around computer accessories. That's also a personal preference that I choose. It makes it easier for longer distance travel like flying. It's less things to lose or break.

Hey man, sorry. I wasn't trying to get personal. It was just a (what I thought was) harmless joke. I've obviously no idea of what you look like. It's likely you're in better shape than I am! Again, that was meant as just a little internet ribbing, nothing personal.

That said, I understand your point, but at the same time... what I'm observing is that Apple doesn't and hasn't cut any corners in terms of sacrificing their ideals in the realm of aesthetics, performance and durability. Microsoft has the luxury of dealing with a lot of different third party manufacturers, and mostly have to worry about their OS code. Apple on the other hand, have a lot more at stake and invested internally with both hardware and software. That also means better quality control, more people to pay etc etc... these things aren't free, nor are they cheap.

Which brings me to the next quote:

@Doug b well you would not believe how much the mac costs to make i think its in the relm of £800 _£900 let me put this to you the ipad the 3g costs apple less than £8 to make and charge a arm and a leg the case only costs $25 to make the screen the most expensive part clocks at £125 so apple make loads on just that so think how much they make off a macbook pro you can buy a pc with 3d blueray and good gaming for less than a mac apple are just greedy taking out the optical drive will save apple about $80 and will not bring down the price at all in the end its comes down to greed

First off, I have to say... I nearly didn't read what you typed. I don't mean to sound condescending but, please try using a bit of punctuation! A comma from time to time would be lovely! And perhaps a nice little paragraph break while we're at it.

Anyway, as I said above, it's more than simply figures for raw materials. If you think that covering costs is merely about paying for said materials, you've got a lot to learn!

@chas_m no need to be belittling a hdmi port offer more use to most users than a thunderbolt port and yes there is a heat issue use youtube btw i got the macbook pro 15" i7 i put it on the box and on tic it was hitting 80* and on light web browsing it was hitting 90 odd if thats not a heat issue i dont know what is and in the case of optical drive if you read my later post i do say UK 75% of music sold in the UK were bought in disk and the 25% were from web but the usa mostly download it illegally so thats why its mostly downloaded from web in the usa as people use it in the car as its safer to leve a few disks than carry a £164 i pod and if you are paying 1500 for a laptop i want the basics of a laptop maybe alien were was not the best example for me being dyslexic white on black aint good for dyslexics blue is good for me so blue lit keys help my typing and for others its red green ect... im not on about the extent as dell but suttle tones and usb 3.0 will see more action than thunder bolt no need to be a snob macs are over priced you need to look around you would see this to be true what i have asked for is not rediclious or unreasonable you will be disappointed if you want a unicorn

Wow, that one's a doozy! More power to the person who read that!

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Hey man, sorry. I wasn't trying to get personal. It was just a (what I thought was) harmless joke. I've obviously no idea of what you look like. It's likely you're in better shape than I am! Again, that was meant as just a little internet ribbing, nothing personal.
No harm was done. It looks like I mistook the tone of your voice which is easy to do when reading things on the internet. ;D Thanks for the clarification.

That said, I understand your point, but at the same time... what I'm observing is that Apple doesn't and hasn't cut any corners in terms of sacrificing their ideals in the realm of aesthetics, performance and durability. Microsoft has the luxury of dealing with a lot of different third party manufacturers, and mostly have to worry about their OS code. Apple on the other hand, have a lot more at stake and invested internally with both hardware and software. That also means better quality control, more people to pay etc etc... these things aren't free, nor are they cheap.
I understand your point too but if the prices were a little less I would buy a new Mac more often rather than holding onto my Macs longer. I haven't done the math but I wonder if Apple would make more money if they reduced the price a little and have people like me buy more often.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
There are two MacBook Pro's in my house. The one I am using is 3.6 years old. The other a year younger. Experience tells me that while some things are hit and miss, in general, "they" just don't make things the way they used to. I expect to purchase a new computer every 5 years or so according to Murphy's Law, but so long as my logic board and LCD remains functional, I can always replace RAM and a hard drive.

Luckily I purchased Apple Care for my first MBP, because right before it expired, the battery stopped charging. I was in Europe, with no Apple store in sight. A local Apple authorized shop replaced my logic board and battery, so if I get another 3 years out of this one, I'll be thrilled!

I've no use for yet another MacBook Pro, but would like to get an iMac and am waiting for the new ones to arrive, when ever that will be... I guess my point here is that my older MBP is no slouch, and keeps up with what I need it to do, with power to spare. No qualms with "holding on" here!

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
...I guess my point here is that my older MBP is no slouch, and keeps up with what I need it to do, with power to spare. No qualms with "holding on" here!
My experience has been the opposite since I'm a "power user". My 2009 MBP already feels slow as I use the latest softwares and multitask with them. It definitely doesn't feel as quick as it did the first day I got it even though I've upgraded it and maintained the OS.

Of course this is all subjective because I understand what you are saying. For many people an old Mac will work just fine. I still have a PowerBook G4 that's great for basic activities but I can't use it for work.

For my needs I would rather upgrade more often but the price is a big reason why I don't. I understand that not everyone is in the same situation as me.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@Doug b well i dont use comers paragraphs fullstops ect because for a simple statement to me its really not worth it if it was a cv or something important i would take the time to make shaw its perfect but as i said on statements to me its pointless and if 8 lines of text is alot to you well god help you at uni you are in for a shock and you need to remember trade prices the finished i pad back costs $25 the screen costs 125 asda sell i pod 8gb for £167 and apple was selling them for £194 asda was making profit so think how much apple was making at selling it for 194 now think how much they make on the macbook like i said it costs apple 800 900 to make a mac PLEASE KEEP UP!!

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@EndlessMac
[/QUOTE] I understand your point too but if the prices were a little less I would buy a new Mac more often rather than holding onto my Macs longer. I haven't done the math but I wonder if Apple would make more money if they reduced the price a little and have people like me buy more often.[/QUOTE]

but the good things about mac are they keep good value so after a year you can still get 800 or more and dont get batted scrapes and last about 3 4 years but a price drop to 1300 would bring alot more business in my view

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
@Doug b well i dont use comers paragraphs fullstops ect because for a simple statement to me its really not worth it if it was a cv or something important i would take the time to make shaw its perfect but as i said on statements to me its pointless and if 8 lines of text is alot to you well god help you at uni you are in for a shock and you need to remember trade prices the finished i pad back costs $25 the screen costs 125 asda sell i pod 8gb for £167 and apple was selling them for £194 asda was making profit so think how much apple was making at selling it for 194 now think how much they make on the macbook like i said it costs apple 800 900 to make a mac PLEASE KEEP UP!!

Yeah, no. Punctuation is kind of important. I'd recommend incorporating that where possible - and not just on your CV. ;D

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Yeah, no. Punctuation is kind of important. I'd recommend incorporating that where possible - and not just on your CV. ;D

Agreed. Glad I'm not the only one finding it hard to decipher bugatti's posts.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@cwa107 @BrianLachoreVPI Well i can write in the "english formal way" but like i said to me its not worth It. Now were it something important i would put in the effort, to some it comes natural but for me its just convenient but i admit i should have used a few fullstops. That kind of writing is for curriculum vitae, formal letters or something important. A wish list on "what i want in the next range of macbook pros" in my eyes dose not constitute as important or formal but some people can not read without punctuation marks to me i can read both just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
@Doug b if im buying a pro i want a pro not a air wanna be the pro is the power house and demands a unique design from the macbooks the and the air is for the dainty personal assistant and the uni studant

Hmm... I graduated seven years ago, so the new definition for "dainty" must be 6'2" and 255. Of course, my assistant uses an MBP and she is 6'1"

Someone just thinks a little highly of his laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MB Air Core i7 256GB, 2011 Mini with 8GB RAM, iPad 2, iPhone 4S, 2TB Time Capsule
Agreed. Glad I'm not the only one finding it hard to decipher bugatti's posts.

Glad to see that I am not the only one.

If hitting the period, comma, and return key is taking that much necessary time away from one's day, perhaps there are better ways to be spending your time than posting on the internet.

Cost of the Mac lineup is something that they put far more research into than you would imagine. They price strategically to create both market tiers and price point driven sales. There is a reason that a "top of the line" iPad manages to cost less than the bottom of the line MacBook Air. The company is one of the few in the market actually making good money on hardware, so I would think that we can leave the pricing strategy up to the experts. It's been working out really well for the shareholders.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2012 15" MBP 2.6GHz i7, Late-2011 13" MBP 2.4 GHz i5, Early-2008 Mac Pro 2.8Ghz Xeon
I would like to see the better AMD Graphics card as an option in every model as it seems the Intel HD chips can't support many games. I know Macs are not designed for these but it would be nice to have. The color changing keyboard lights just wouldn't fit with the MacBook Pro, it is like putting neon underglow on a Volkswagen Passat, it may have looked cool in Fast &Furious on that kid's Mitsubishi Eclipse but the Passat (MacBook Pro) is too grown up for that. I would like to see a wider keyboard on the 17" MBP because from all the pics I have seen it looks like there is loads of empty space on each side of the keyboard and it looks a little unsightly. Other than that the current range of MBPs satisfy me :)

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmm... I graduated seven years ago, so the new definition for "dainty" must be 6'2" and 255. Of course, my assistant uses an MBP and she is 6'1"

Someone just thinks a little highly of his laptop.

You are missing the drift so i will explain.The macbook air is for people on the move like a personal assistance they need a LIGHT and SMALL notebook as its LIGHT and SMALL or ultra portable. Regarding the remark to uni students i was refuting to the fact the campus is large so you travel a lot and a heavy laptop is not practical, so a macbook air is a wise choice for its portability. Each mac has its place, the macbook is for people who want a mac but are on a budget ,macbook air is for people on the go aka Students ,P.A's, macbook pro is for the person with cash to splash and wants power. My point is the air is for people who require portability over raw performance hence the P.A remark.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Why is it not simply enough to have an equally powerful processor in a light package with solid state storage. IMHO, I was actually shocked that they don't bother to make a 2.2GHz MBA. Though battery life is probably the issue. My Air goes through it's battery in about seven hours with it's current settings.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.