• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

what computer do you have

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz MacBook White 2GB RAM
I think he means a typically Windows machine running Mac OS. I know someone here runs Macintosh on their HP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I think he means a typically Windows machine running Mac OS. I know someone here runs Macintosh on their HP.
If they do, they should have read the Forum Rules and would know that they aren't talking about it on these forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
I'm still trying to figure out just exactly what "Franken mac (powerpc running mac) Or Iclone" means.

Ditto. I'm also trying to figure out what "Windoze XP" is. I tried Googling it, but there's no product page of any kind in the search results.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's actually the creator of this thread who has the HP. He also has multiple other pure Mac systems.

You're not allowed to discuss other machines running Mac OS? I should've read the rules more closely I guess [I'm not on such a machine, but yeah].

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You're not allowed to discuss other machines running Mac OS? I should've read the rules more closely I guess [I'm not on such a machine, but yeah].

Running OSX on a non Apple box is against the EULA and thus not allowed to be discussed on these forums.

If that is what he means then he is way out to lunch. There was not much draw for the PPC in the non Mac world. I would also have voted wrong because he didn't word his poll right.

Ok, now I agree with VI, the poll sucks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz Blackbook, 4GB memory, 250GB HD
Black Macbook!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Running OSX on a non Apple box is against the EULA and thus not allowed to be discussed on these forums.

Now that's an interesting topic. Is it simply that Apple wants to have control of what it's developed and make max profits? I never thought about getting a Windows and just installing Leopard on it, but I suppose that could be done. Hmm...

I'm not trying to discuss doing it, but is that the principle behind it? Stop me if I'm discussing it too much, but I'm just really curious now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
I had to vote Other as there is no iMac option:eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
Reaction score
15 inch macbook pro in the mail

But the fun starts here:

custom windows xp gaming rig, hand build by yours truely.

Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe GR Socket AM2 Motherboard
AMD Phenom Quad 9800+ 2.6Ghz Socket AM2+ CPU black edition
OCZ SLI PC6400 DDR2 800MHz (4x1024MB)
Seagate 250GB Serial ATA w/NCQ 7200/8MB/SATA-3G
GeForce GTX 260 Video Card, 896MB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0 x16, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV x2
Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB Hard Drive - 10K, 16MB, SATA-300
and a few other 500gb drives for other *stuff*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
15 inch macbook pro in the mail

But the fun starts here:

custom windows xp gaming rig, hand build by yours truely.

Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe GR Socket AM2 Motherboard
AMD Phenom Quad 9800+ 2.6Ghz Socket AM2+ CPU black edition
OCZ SLI PC6400 DDR2 800MHz (4x1024MB)
Seagate 250GB Serial ATA w/NCQ 7200/8MB/SATA-3G
GeForce GTX 260 Video Card, 896MB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0 x16, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV x2
Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB Hard Drive - 10K, 16MB, SATA-300
and a few other 500gb drives for other *stuff*

Power supply? Number/location of fans? What kind of enclosure did you opt for?

Reaction score
Ibe got a Ultra mid tower case at the moment, With just 1 fan on the rear, its a 120mm. Power supply is a Ultra 850 watt. This is just temporary untill i get off my *** and start building my keg case. (yes i said keg case) Its going to be a half keg with fans and liquid cooling. I havent ironed out all the details yet but ill just wing it as i start to build it. which should be tomorrow, ive got nothing to do. heh :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
> MacBook (which I LOVE ♥♥♥) maybe the hearts are a bit girlie...

> A manky old laptop (not really mine - was left at my house about 18 months ago and I think it's been dis-owned - last used in November 07 when my MacBook was in the shop for a new HDD)

> Custom PC knocked up on a budget a long time ago which I sold (a long time ago) and has somehow returned back to me - unwanted and unloved by both its previous and current owner... Currently running Windows 2003 and used as a test rig. Probably not used for at least a month now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 400 mhz 2GB ram 80 G HD Tiger OS
PowerMac G3 "Smurf" running Tiger with 1GB ram and 80G HD.
PowerMac G4 "Graphite" running Tiger with 2 GB ram and 80 G HD.
Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop running Kalyway patched Leopard.

I'll be purchasing a MacBook Pro later this year.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Power supply? Number/location of fans? What kind of enclosure did you opt for?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Wait, you were being sarcastic, right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
The farm here is numerous, A Intel Mini, a couple of 1.25 eMacs, an Intel powered monster PC, an AMD powered monster PC and the lemming systems for testing and development including a P4 running OS X Leopard.....that was fun and my trusty Acer laptop that's seen a processor upgrade !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2 GHZ, Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 80GB Internal HD, 500GB External
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15,4" (unibody) 2.4GHz, 4GB & Cinema HD 23" & iPhone 3G 16GB
Where's the iMac? Well.. I only got two.

MacBook (black)
iMac Core Duo

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.