• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What are you reading right now?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
I have no Idea it's out of focus... I must get some glasses :D :D
No it's The Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Tartan... I'm not kilted1 for nothing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
The Genesis Code - Christopher Forrest

People of the Moon - W. Michael Gear and Kathleen O'Neal Gear

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (for my english class)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz aluminum unibody, 250 GB HD, 2GB RAM
I read a ton of books at once and I read really fast, so at any moment, I may have half a dozen going:

Current re-reads:
Foucault's Pendulum - Umberto Eco (If you've never read it, READ IT NOW.)
Knitting Rules - Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff - Christopher Moore
Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them - Al Franken

New Reads:
Girl With A Pearl Earring - Tracy Chevalier
The Secret Life of Bees - Sue Monk Kidd
Life of Pi - Yan Martel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook
I'm reading "The Ruins" by Scott Smith...picked it up in an airport to read on the plane - it's really pretty bad but I'm almost near the end so might as well finish it.

Also "Democracy Matters" by Cornell West.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Foucault's Pendulum - Umberto Eco (If you've never read it, READ IT NOW.)
Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them - Al Franken

PS - Yes, Foucault's Pendulum is a great book. I found the Al Franken, while certainly entertaining, to be a little TOO one-sided to the left...I mean, the way he basically deifies Bill Clinton diminishes a lot of the credibility of his subsequent arguments.

You should read "The New Rulers of the World" by John Pilger, if you haven't. A very objective, outsider's take on the state of world affairs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
"The deadline" by Tom Demarco.

It's a novel about software project management that is part of our required reading for economic informatics.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
I'm reading Relentless Pursuit by Kevin Flynn. He is a federal homicide prosecutor in Washington D.C. and he tells about his job and especially his personal life while bringing justice.
Pretty slow start but gets very interesting as it moves along.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm reading Relentless Pursuit by Kevin Flynn. He is a federal homicide prosecutor in Washington D.C. and he tells about his job and especially his personal life while bringing justice.
Pretty slow start but gets very interesting as it moves along.

It's an autobiography? Non-fiction?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15,4" (unibody) 2.4GHz, 4GB & Cinema HD 23" & iPhone 3G 16GB
I'm reading new James May's 20th Century. It's really great. James May is in Top Gear, carprogram. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
The Pirate Hunter, the true story of Captain Kidd - a fascinating story. Next in the pile is The Unequalled Self, the biography of Samuel Pepys. At the same time I'll be reading the Death of Superman trilogy of graphic novels.

Reaction score
Just finished Louder Than Words by Jenny McCarthy. Next up, The Nine by Jeffery Toobin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
1408 - Stephen King
I thought it would be like the movie, but its actually 14 short stories... his books are always entertaining

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz aluminum unibody, 250 GB HD, 2GB RAM
PS - Yes, Foucault's Pendulum is a great book. I found the Al Franken, while certainly entertaining, to be a little TOO one-sided to the left...I mean, the way he basically deifies Bill Clinton diminishes a lot of the credibility of his subsequent arguments.

You should read "The New Rulers of the World" by John Pilger, if you haven't. A very objective, outsider's take on the state of world affairs.

I read Al Franken for entertainment, not politics. ^_^ He makes some good points, but eh, not exactly "fair and balanced." (Though he only claims to be in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way.)

I have read the Pilger book. It was definitely interesting.

Right now I'm listening to another pseudo-political work: I Am America (And So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert. I <3

Reaction score
What are you reading right now? (honest - that is what I am reading at this moment!!!)..........:D could not resist!!! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24-inch iMac, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Extreme, 1 TB HD, 4 GB RAM
The Art Thief by Noah Charney. A fascinating story, highly recommended!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.