• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

We're looking for good forums that don't allow flaming

Reaction score
Face to face is different than talking your mind on the internet. There is that veil of anonymity which makes some people act and say things they normally wouldn't say.

They also seem to make their point either more blurred/blunt or more sharper on the internet than they would if they were discussing it in front of an audience of 100 people.

There still IS an audience, but you can't see it, and therefore, things spill out easier. Like the OP's first post at the beginning of this thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I guess this forum didn't make the cut with the OP. They have not posted since they statrted this thread.

I hope it wasn't anything I said.

Not.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I guess this forum didn't make the cut with the OP. They have not posted since they statrted this thread.

I hope it wasn't anything I said.

Not.

I'm guessing we didn't live up to their agenda. You missed an oddball post that sort of gave them away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah. Is the post still available to the public or has it been squirreled away?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Ah. Is the post still available to the public or has it been squirreled away?

Squirreled it away when I didn't hear back from you.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Squirreled it away when I didn't hear back from you.

I assumed that you had deleted it for good reason so I didn't ask before, but now you have my curiosity up.
Can you give us a summary if the original is off limits?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
This is one of the most flame-free forums I have visited. It's a great place to be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4ghz quad core ati 5850 graphics card 4GB ddr3 ram
Face to face is different than talking your mind on the internet. There is that veil of anonymity which makes some people act and say things they normally wouldn't say.
that and the fact that you dont have to worry about getting a knuckle sandwich for telling somebody off...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I just joined (3weeks ago) a forum that has no limits on language or anything. I have left there now as i saw some disgusting comments. Flaming, Trolling and a lot of other unpleasant stuff.
Suffice to say i am no longer a member. There was nothing aimed at me personally but i just couldnt sit idly around watching others HAMMER this one member until the comment came up "I want to die"
Who knows what happened to this member as they hadnt returned in over a week and they had quite a few posts up :(
Very sad a forum would allow this to happen. It was US based so i had trouble understanding why they let it happen

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Very sad a forum would allow this to happen. It was US based so i had trouble understanding why they let it happen

I find it even more sad that someone would let a group of people on an internet forum get them to the point of wanting to kill themselves. Sounds like another person who should probably not be on-line.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I find it even more sad that someone would let a group of people on an internet forum get them to the point of wanting to kill themselves. Sounds like another person who should probably not be on-line.

Too true baggss. I admit i did jump in with a post, but got backlash, and it was all over something little IMO about sexuality, family and the member not really being the best looking person i have seen. Think Deliverance . . . .

I think people are scared of the "different" around them even though it isnt personally touching them. It was disgusting to say the least.

Dont be surprised you might here a news story over it ......

Cyber bullying they can have it. Ill take my M-F anyday

Cheers

Reaction score
Honestly, free speech or not, I'll never understand the need some people feel to be absolutely cruel to others. Granted if one can be made suicidal over anonymous comments online, they have no business using the internet. But I'll never understand the need some people feel to attack someone on such a level. It's so much easier to just let things go and leave someone alone. It actually takes effort, energy, and desire, to be cruel and pursue a person in that way, and I just don't understand it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It actually takes effort, energy, and desire, to be cruel and pursue a person in that way, and I just don't understand it.

This is called fun! Seriously.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.