Webcam nightmare with Logitech Brio

Reaction score
Apologies if have misjudged quite which sub-forum to lodge this on but really need some help.

I decided to invest in the premium Logitech Brio webcam at over £200 to up my Zoom game.

Am running an upgraded SSD iMac 2013 which is on Mojave. I downloaded the Logitech G hub software as well to adjust the settings.

The setup is unstable and keeps searching from the internal camera to the Brio whereas my old Logitech 920 is fine

Anyone else hit a similar issue have now wasted hours installing and uninstalling, searching around for any bits of the G Hub software but am getting nowhere and about to send the Brio back which is a shame since it is a far clearer picture

Thanks for any inspired thoughts!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Try first without installing anything at all. The iMac should recognize the Brio without the need for anything else, you should then be able to choose that as the default webcam in Zoom and test things out.

OP
P
Reaction score
Try first without installing anything at all. The iMac should recognize the Brio without the need for anything else, you should then be able to choose that as the default webcam in Zoom and test things out.
Many thanks RazurEdge I think that you are spot on and if I had not downloaded the Logitech G Hub I would be fine since it is ok with my macbook Air without any additional programs.

The problem seems to be getting the Mac to forget the Logitech software, I have moved it to trash and rebooted countless times as well as searched my library, was trying to think how can get the Mac to unlearn the camera and treat it as a fresh device if that makes sense but that is beyond my skillset!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Check to see if the Logitech software has an uninstaller.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.