Ever since I updated my iPhone 8 plus
It shows weak security in the WiFi
Setting saying wpa2 not secure
E2A6F95E-0107-46F3-9019-C0201950B374.jpeg
Neil

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
What this means is the SKY131A5 network router is using WPA2 with TKIP for its security protocol. If you can access the router for this network and change TKIP to AES that would clear the message.

Currently WPA2 or WPA3 with AES is more secure and that is what your iPhone is looking at when determining network security.

Here is a link that will give you more information: https://macreports.com/wi-fi-weak-s...-or-ipad-wpa-wpa2-tkip-not-considered-secure/

Lisa

Last edited:
OP
neil.gtis
Reaction score
What this means is the SKY131A5 network router is using WPA2 with TKIP for its security protocol. If you can access the router for this network and change TKIP to AES that would clear the message.

Currently WPA2 or WPA3 with AES is more secure and that is what your iPhone is looking at when determining network security.

Here is a link that will give you more information: https://macreports.com/wi-fi-weak-s...-or-ipad-wpa-wpa2-tkip-not-considered-secure/

Lisa
Hi Lisa
Just checked my router settings and it’s already
On WPA2 AES
Neil

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You might check and make sure the firmware is up to date on your router but otherwise I wouldn't worry about it. If your settings are as you say then that is all you can do - assuming you have a strong password on your wifi access and on the router itself.

Lisa

OP
neil.gtis
Reaction score
You might check and make sure the firmware is up to date on your router but otherwise I wouldn't worry about it. If your settings are as you say then that is all you can do - assuming you have a strong password on your wifi access and on the router itself.

Lisa
Hi Lisa
They don’t seen bothered on the sky forums
Neil

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As I said, I would ignore it

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.