Waterfox Current and Classic

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
We have an iMac on 10.13.6 running Waterfox Classic and a MacBook 13 Pro also running on 10.13.6. The iMac is using Waterfox Classic and the MBP Waterfox Current. SWMBO normally uses the iMac and the Classic and me the MBP on Current. I'm not too sure why that happened and I think it may have been for me to see what it was like and not changed?

SWMBO has just tried to order some stuff on the Classic and pay by PayPal. When it got to the PayPal window coming up to sign in all that happens is that the window appears with a rotating arrow in the middle. It doesn't go to the sign in screen.

Then when she tried it on the MBP and Current all was well and she signed on without any problems. This has happened on a couple of sites, but not on all. It has never happened on the MBP and I can't find out what is causing the problem?

If anyone can shed any light on this I would be so very grateful as it's driving me to drink ( that's not a bad idea :unsure::unsure: )

Another question is does anyone know if Waterfox is still open sourse or has it been bought out? I have tried to find out and all I got was confused! That's fairly easy these daze though :oops:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hey John:

Waterfox is still open source according to their latest blurb. However, it may not have been updated for macOS in quite a while. It has been updated for Windows (June 2021).

Don't you have a second browser you can try on your wife's iMac?

Also..... once in awhile PayPal gets a bit finicky. I had to recently redo my profile with new credit card, etc, in order to get it working correctly. It has been working fairly good since then.

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Ta for the reply Chas. We do have Firefox on there too. I will see about getting it up to date and try that for the next time that particular site is used.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.