Want to build a PC...Oh man, did i just say what i think i said?

E

Echo_

id say get an amd 3200 or 3500 socket 939
get you an nforce 3 or 4 ultra mobo if you want agp or pci ex
6600gt
1 gig of ram
200 gig hd
dvd rw burner
good psu
50-70 dollar case
uh what else
keyboard and mouse
xp home

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
E

Echo_

i wouldnt go with foxconn
look at msi gigabyte dfi not asus

get the eVGA 6600gt and ill show you a psu later i g2g

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
Thanks for all your help Echo

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, i have a price range for you Echo.

I would like to spend about $1,300 for the whole setup. That includes mobo, CPU, ram, a DVD burner and CD/DVD combo drive, psu, graphics card, keyboard & mouse, and 17-19 in LCD screen. I might be missint something but i am not sure.

I definanlty want to use this case http://atxcases.com/Cases/mesh_silver.htm
and there is an option to buy a psu and fans when you buy the case. If you click the "buy now" button you can see the choices they give. Would one of those psu's work? And i don't need anything really fancy.

Thanks

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the help Echo and bhanson!!

solidstalin, i thought about using VPC but after messing with it on a friends mac that has it i figure that it is to slow for what i want to do. And i would rather not "infect" :) a perfectly good 15in powerbook.

Thanks

K

kingcrowing2

Go newegg, and get a Lian-Li case, AMD64, nForce4 mobo with PCIe (the Abit ones are the best), get dual 6600GTs (if you can't afford it, get one) 1GB DDR RAM, that's what i'd do

E

Echo_

kingcrowing..... first of all his budget is 1300 bucks
2nd of all if i can barely fit in 1 6600gt how can i fit in 2
lian li cases cost up the butt althbought htey are nice
why would you get 2 6600gt's they only win in benchmarking while 1 6800gt usually wins in the rest of the comparisms.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey Echo, I think you forgot to list a psu in the breakdown for me.

Do you have a reccomendation for a good PSU? Do i need any specific psu becuase of the mobo or cpu? I kinda like this one http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-153-008&depa=0 but then again i really am not for sure what is good and what is not :)

If i end up going over 1300 by a little...a very little:) ... that is OK.

Thanks

B

bhanson

That has a very bad 12V rail, if this was my own PC I would not trust it with a configuration of these specs.

Although, it would *probably* work ok.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 Sonnet 1.0 512 Ram 10.3.6
I have the solution to your Auto CAD problem. Instead of using Auto Cad why dont you use Vectorworks? Vectoworks is compatible on either Mac or P.C. It is also very somparable to Auto CAD and other CAD programs. As a student you do qualify for EDucational discount. You can get the Industry Collection for 195.00. What this includes is Architect, Landmark, Mechanic, Spotlight, and Renderwork modules. There are no limitations, expirations, or watermarks. Visit the website the webite vectorworks.net.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks for the suggestion New2Macs. I will check that out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 Sonnet 1.0 512 Ram 10.3.6
prostuff1 said:
thanks for the suggestion New2Macs. I will check that out.

Hey not a problems I am Educational Sales Consultant for Vectorworks. Give me a call remind me that I responded to your thread and i'll throw in some free Training C.D.'s. This goes for anybody out there give me a call i'll take care of you.

Marc Evans
Educational Sales Consultant
(888) 646-4223 ext 663

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.