Wacoms drivers?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
I am sure this has been posted before but I can't find it?

At the moment I have a 2010 iMac 21 1/2 running Yosemite and I want to bring it up to Sierra, but I can't find any drivers for the Wacoms graphics pad. It is a wireless Pen Tablet Model CTE-630BT and I believe it comes under the same as the Bamboo. That is the driver it's running on now.

When I saw the thread before, just after Sierra came out, there was no driver available. Has anyone any idea if there is one now? I have tried quite a few on the off chance, but found non that work.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If Wacom doesn't have drivers for Sierra, then you are out of luck and means that Wacom has moved onto the newest generation of products and you will not be able to use the tablet with newer versions of macOS..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I have tried quite a few on the off chance, but found non that work.

Have you been to their site to check???

Like maybe:
http://www.wacom.com/en/support/product-support/drivers
or
http://www.wacom.com/en/support/product-support/drivers#[Global%20Search%20Box%20Link%20not%20set]?q=CTE-630BT

And also click on the: Compatible products link.

PS: I sure hope their support and attitude of their older products has improved greatly from what it was years ago.

Twice stung but never again thanks! :Angry:

- Patrick
======

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
I don't have the time to look at those links just now Patrick, but a quick glance, I've tried those shown plus fawd knows how many others. I have put a question in to Wacom support and now wait for their reply?

I't a great shame because we both like that pad very much and it works perfectly well, but if they aren't willing to support it??? I may well be looking for suggestions for a pad with pen, mouse and bluetooth. I don't want even more USB cables floating around.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I may well be looking for suggestions for a pad with pen, mouse and bluetooth. I don't want even more USB cables floating around.

The new iPad Pro 10.5" and 12.5" models support the latest bluetooth and pen. (no mouse support) My son just bought us a new 10.5" iPad Pro and it's a great tablet. I didn't get the pen since I have no art talent at all. If there's an Apple Store close to your home, you can take a look at one. Probably not a real good substitute for a Wacom tablet but it can do a lot more.

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's a **** of a lot of beer tokens Chas, but very nice.. Starts at 615 British beer tokens this side of the pond!

Something about 1/6th of that would be better if I have to?:Grimmace::Grimmace:

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I have had my reply from Wacom and it reads

"Concerning your question regarding which Wacom driver you should install for Sierra 10.12-5 I can tell you that the last working driver for you Graphire 3 tablet is the 5.3.0-3 and that driver works guaranteed until OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion therefore I would not recommend you to update to Sierra 10.12-5.

If your Mac is running on S X 10.10 Yosemite and your Graphire 3 tablet is still working then consider yourself very lucky.

If you have any further questions feel free to reply to this email."

So saying hard luck and either stay on ther same OS or buy some more of their kit which they will not support in the future. And before anyone says that this is old kit then why should I have to consider myself 'very lucky' that it works on Yosemite? Haven't they heard this before?

My reply is

"Thank you for your reply and I would like to say that is thank you for nothing to the content. When I bought Wacom I thought that I was buying into the industry leader, but I seem to be mistaken and from others that I have read about I am not the only one!

I will not be buying you kit again and I will advise anyone else to avoid your cavalier attitude! It is a great shame because your kit is good, but your attitude and after sales don’t live up to the product."

OK folks, anyone any ideas as to a pad that has bluetooth, pen and mouse please? Oh yes, and doesn't need a mortgage as so far I have struggled to find one that will operate with Sierra and ongoing :Confused::Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK folks, anyone any ideas as to a pad that has bluetooth, pen and mouse please?

Well, I guess my most recent post above won't help after reading their reply. :Angry:

And as I implied earlier, I'm not surprised by their reply at all and I got stung by them twice yet, many years ago and with their "support".

If nothing else, can you keep an old compatible OS X version in a partition or external drive and use it when you need to use the Wacom???

- Patrick
======

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I will have a look at the reset link a little later. Getting dragged out shopping. SWMBO has said that we might need to get some food or starve. No sense of priorities these women?

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you for taking the time to find those links, etc.

I've tried the reset and I had tried all sorts of drivers a while vack. I spent a couple of hours trying them.

I had a reply to my dissapointment (!) about no driver. I have no idea, but how much does it take to bring out a new driver? The suggestion was to get an Intuous. The small one is too small and the medium is not far off 400€ a pop! There's no way I can afford that.

So it looks like another maker? Anyone know what this is like? Huion WH1409 Giano Wireless Graphic Drawing Tablet at £130. Still no mouse, but we do have a decient bluetooth mouse so that's not such a problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The small one is too small and the medium is not far off 400€ a pop! There's no way I can afford that.

Then, I guess an iPad Pro plus an Apple Pencil may just be a wee bit more over the budget!!! :$ :$ O:)

- Patrick
======

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You may well use an angel smiley Patrick :p:p

The bloomin pencil is over budget without the iPad :eek::eek:

No ideas about the Huion then?

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, next question is

How do I find out what tablet is compatable with Sierra? I have tried looking but got totally confused?

So far I have been looking at the Huion machines, but they say 'after 10,8' but can't find out if they will work with Sierra and beyond?

If anyone has any ideas then please squirt them my way:Confused::Confused::Confused:

Edit : - I forgot to say that I am looking for bluetooth connection as I am fed up with the snakes nest of USB cables...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So far I have been looking at the Huion machines, but they say 'after 10,8' but can't find out if they will work with Sierra and beyond?

If anyone has any ideas then please squirt them my way

Why not drop them a line and inquire???

- Patrick
======

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I will have a look at the reset link a little later. Getting dragged out shopping. SWMBO has said that we might need to get some food or starve. No sense of priorities these women?
In this case I have to agree with SWIMBO. Now if we were talking a whole new Mac that might sway things in another direction.

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A whole new Mac might just bring about bank ruptures at the moment :Oops::Oops:

Patrick, if you start bringing logic into this I will really get confused yet again mate :Blushing::Blushing:

Thinks to himself "that ain't a bad idea" ;);)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Patrick, if you start bringing logic into this I will really get confused yet again mate

Thinks to himself "that ain't a bad idea"

If you are starting to or are thinking like the French, then either they or their wine must have got to you. ;)

PS: That Huion stuff looks quite interesting and sure a lot more reasonable. I always felt the Wacom stuff was way overpriced, and not well supported.

- Patrick
======

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My biggest problem of almost 13 years here is that I am loosing my English a dammed sight faster than I'm lerning French :Confused:

I have to think of English words and quite often translate them from French. Not that my French is very good and when it comes to writing it I have to check just about every word. The accents, masculin, feminine, silent letters/ It's a bloody nightmare!

La Tour = The copy of Blackpool Tower. It's in Paris and they call it the Eiffel Tower. Only kidding before somebody jumps ALL over me ;P

Le Tour = The Tour de France, that little bike race that everyone rants about. Funnily enough we watch it almost all the way because it's worth watching and twice when it started in Carcassonne

So if you get in a taxi in Paris (without the 's') and want to see the bike race don't ask for La Tour!!!

This is the delightful lady who does the time blackboard for the race. It was at the beginning of one of the Cracassonne stages a few years back. I asked her if I could have a photo and she posed for me. Shame I didn't ask her to write 'Hi John' on the board?

Edit : - I forgot to add, the wine here is getting more expensive. We sometimes have to pay over 7€ for a bottole of tehe good everyday red !!!

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am now waiting with baited breath for the reply from Wacom again.

As they recomended their new kit so highly and as I am a poor retiree who can't afford it and as the Huion of near spec is so much cheaper, I asked them if they were prefared to give me a 66% discount on it? :Mischievous::Mischievous:

Well, the worst answer I can get is no init? :Mischievous::Mischievous:

Edit : - Just had the reply. No deal available and an understanding why I will be getting another brand.. I can't understand why they would want to loose such a valuable customer? :Smirk::Smirk:

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.