voice mail mystery

Reaction score
After many years a sudden mystery has developed with my iPhone. If people call and I don't answer they are forwarded to voice mail but the robot says my voice mail box is full. If I hear the phone ringing and answer everything works normally but if I don't answer the caller gets that full mail box message. I have gone in and emptied the voice mails and then erased the category named deleted voice mails but none of this solved the problem. Advice will be sincerely appreciated

Thank you

poppi

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need to discuss that with your carrier. If you have emptied voice mail from your iPhone, but callers are getting a full mail box, then it's not emptying properly. Call your carrier's customer support and have them check on it.

Reaction score
Have you called your own phone number? When I call mine i am asked for a password to my voicemail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Have you called your own phone number? When I call mine i am asked for a password to my voicemail.
Use a different phone to call your phone.

OP
P
Reaction score
You need to discuss that with your carrier. If you have emptied voice mail from your iPhone, but callers are getting a full mail box, then it's not emptying properly. Call your carrier's customer support and have them check on it.

Thank you chscag. I finally reached my carrier (Verizon) via chat and he confirmed I had 40 voicemails in their system (vs none on my phone) and he walked me through how to delete them one by one. Problem solved

poppi

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Bravo, poppi.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Thank you chscag. I finally reached my carrier (Verizon) via chat and he confirmed I had 40 voicemails in their system (vs none on my phone) and he walked me through how to delete them one by one. Problem solved

poppi
Did they tell you how it happened, or how to avoid it in the future?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.