Vista Capable?

OP
H

HennyDaLoc

ACPI BSOD during boot to Vista RC1 Install Disc

I have seen where several other MacBook Pro owners where able to install Vista with minimal problems. Helping me just boot to the disc would be tremendious.

Everytime I boot to the Vista RC1 Install disc, I receive the ACPI Blue Screen referencing non-compliant BIOS. I know the MacBook Pro doesn't use BIOS and runs of off EFI, however, I have seen in several forums where deleting the EFI partition was not necessary in order to complete the Vista install.

Any suggestions so that I can at least boot to the disc would be most helpful.

BTW...I am not able to boot to the Vista Disc using Parallels either...same ACPI BSOD. Burn a new disc maybe? Has any one else had this problem??? :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
HennyDaLoc said:
I am not able to boot to the Vista Disc using Parallels either...same ACPI BSOD.

Just to clarify, what does this screen look like?

I can't boot it in Parallels either, and i'm telling parallels to use the original .iso as the DVD/CDRom image.

This is what I get...

attachment.php

Any thoughts?

Picture 2.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20in 2.0GHZ Intel Core Duo 2GB Ram
I installed Vista RC1 onto my iMac today. No problems at all.

Vista runs very quick on my 2.0ghz system. Only issue is that ATI has no control panel support for Vista, but that's it. Bluetooth etc all OK. iSight of course does not work.

Had to spend a while installing anti-virus/spyware stuff etc but hey, that's Windows for you folks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
what spyware / av / firewall software apps did you use

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20in 2.0GHZ Intel Core Duo 2GB Ram
Well I installed the Trend micro stuff that Vista recommends, it's a trial so I will probably switch to Zone Alarm when it's Vista compatible Vista installs Windows Defender which is actually pretty good and there is also a good firewall built in.

I also have ad-aware and I'll stick in Spybot as well. I want to be careful, don't want my lovely iMac picking up a nasty Windows cold!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
I'm succesfully running Vista RC1 on my Mac Mini. Didn't need to Mac Driver CD as Vista found everything itself. Everything is working well. Will download the Office Beta and have a play and report back!

Ad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I just gave the Vista beta a whirl today as welll...

It actually looks very polished, although I did find myself mindlessly okaying the UAC warnings that popped up after a while (3 or 4 warning messages just to install iTunes - not necessarily Microsoft's fault, but still).

I like the fact that even installing microsoft's plugins for Internet Explorer trips a huge warning sign 'Do you want to trust this vendor??'. Nah.. :)

On the surface though, I'm sure the general public will be under the impression the gap to OS X has narrowed - they both look 'shiny' now...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.