• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

User Reputation System Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I am with Baggs. Lets agree to disagree, and when you are around the forums for a longer period of time go back and think about how much the system has changed the way you post. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
you all stink! and I am right ;)

M

MacHeadCase

Well I disagree to agree.

Or, uh, sumpthin'... *Scratches head*

Kiddin' ya guys! :flower:

Reaction score
I think most of the time it's what's not said that is really important.

"Less Is More"

<ducks for cover>

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I think most of the time it's what's not said that is really important.

"Less Is More"

<ducks for cover>

In most cases I would have to agree with you!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
The rep system will not be changing.

- Names will not be shown nor required, this leads to petty rep wars.

- Negative rep will not be restrained to only mods. Rep (both positive and negative) should be derived by helpfulness of answers and whether someone feels your post is valuable to the community or not. We will not always agree on what is good or bad, but over time, a good poster will have good rep and a bad poster will have negative.

- Report a post is for rule violations. However I can give a negative rep if I don't appreciate a post, but it may not be a rule violation

- Abuse of the rep system is grounds for banning. If you feel that you truly have an abuse situation report it to a mod. However, don't just complain because someone gave you bad rep and you don't like it.

Reaction score
Well, got my first negative rep today. The message:

"Run Windows on top of OS X? Don't you know ANYTHING about computers!"

I still think you have to be chicken-feces to give someone negative rep without leaving your name. Ah, well. Chivalry is dead.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Well, got my first negative rep today. The message:

"Run Windows on top of OS X? Don't you know ANYTHING about computers!"

I still think you have to be chicken-feces to give someone negative rep without leaving your name. Ah, well. Chivalry is dead.

Crazy because with Parallels what does that person think you are doing? XP is running right on top of OSX. With Bootcamp you reboot into Windows. Some people!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.