Use Firefox Bookmarks with Safari?

Reaction score
OK, I've been a FireFox user for a very long time, way back in the 90's

But I'm tired of google, tired of Mozilla
So I'm going to give Safari a chance, so far I'm not impressed.
But hoping to make this situation change, I want to completely remove the Safari bookmarks and replace
with my FireFox bookmarks
Now I have done this, but I still have parts of the Safari bookmark drop down..
and my import Firefox sit on the bottom in a separate folder. This not what I want...
any assistance
best

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Now I have done this, but I still have parts of the Safari bookmark drop down..
and my import Firefox sit on the bottom in a separate folder. This not what I want...

Not sure what you mean you still have parts of the Safari bookmark drop down? Are you referring to the default bookmarks for Safari or did you add some before importing the Firefox bookmarks? You know that you can use the Safari Bookmark editor to remove, move, or add bookmarks? It's actually easier in Safari to use the split screen bookmark display which allows easy movement and editing of all your bookmarks.

OP
S
Reaction score
Sorry Safari 10.0.1 Sierra 10.12

Yes I am referring to the default bookmarks, I guess they need to stay... I've got it worked out a little now
just having to get use to something new...
I'm trying not to use (google) started using something called "DuckDuckGO"
I did import my Firefox bookmarks, but for some reason some of the bookmarks did not make it over... they
are not in the folders...
I give Safari a chance just need to get use to it..
Best

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.