USB Wifi Connector Reccomendations

Reaction score
Best Buy has them but the Geeks say they won't work on a Mac.

I saw some at Fry's Electronics website, but they have a tough in-store return policy, or as they call it Return Privileges Policy.

Trying to call their brick and mortar store takes forever to reach a live person.

I would like to get the top o' the line/money's no object item either through them or Amazon etc.

My Airport connection is broken or unplugged and I have no personal Ethernet options at this time.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am running Snow Leopard, 10.6.8.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
The geeks are at least partly right. Lots of these devices do not seem to work with Mac. Check out these options . The good news is that OWC has a good return policy and at least one device works with Snow Leopard according to the reviewer.

I used one of these devices several years ago and was able to make it work. Not as seamless as built in wireless because I often had to start a piece of software to recognize the device was there. Sometimes it started without that step and at other times it did not.

The bigger problem I had was with the driver.The device I used worked until I upgraded to 10.7.5 then I really had. To scramble for the driver. I ended up looking for the driver based on the chip manufacturer for the device and not the actual device manufacturer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Think the best solution is replacement of your Airport Card. As we do not know what type, style or model of Mac you are using can make no search to assist you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.