uploading from iPhoto does not work with Facebook

Reaction score
When uploading pics from i photo to Facebook, the upload window gets jumbled up and the pics viewed stays on the screen even when you are finished uploading the chosen pics.

Has this ever happened to anyone?

OP
M
Reaction score
Practically every page I visit shows the uploading window...the only way I can stop it is by shutting down the browser and restarting it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Be patient :)

Instead of trying to upload directly from iPhoto, put the pic on your desktop. When the browser upload window opens, click Browse, and select the pic from the d/t (but you probably know this procedure anyway).

Secondly, there may be an issue with your membership privileges on the hosting site, eg. Facebook. Make sure you have the appropriate cookies enabled so that the host site can check your membership details. Don't worry, it's all safe.

As to your OP and "the pics viewed stays on the screen", I'd suggest that your MacOS needs some maintenance. Use OnyX to repair permissions and run maintenance scripts.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the response.

I thought about option one but my concerns is not on getting the pics uploaded but on why the heck the system is doing this..

Second option, how do I check if my cookies are enabled?

Third option, doing it right now...

OP
M
Reaction score
Ok..downloaded onyx and it is telling me to , "choose application, and asking me, "where is firefox-bin?"

What do I do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB
I have had this problem many times before, I am not sure exactly what causes it, it is rather random. I am not using iPhoto so I know that is not the problem, I just sort my pictures on my own and use Finder.

I believe this is a glitch is Facebook's uploading app not anything on the user end.

I just close the browser and reopen it when it happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
is anyone having a problem with the facebook feature with the ilife 09. you can upload fine and it recognizes the "faces" but it doesnt hyperlink/ actually tag them in facebook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
is anyone having a problem with the facebook feature with the ilife 09. you can upload fine and it recognizes the "faces" but it doesnt hyperlink/ actually tag them in facebook.

This is because the iphoto tags are not facebook tags, and they are the one's that are transfering. iphoto has no way to know the facebook hyperlinks for the people you tagged. If you want hyperlinked tags you need to re-tag them once they have been uploaded.

Reaction score

I have the same outcome as you with the taggings. While we are happy tagging faces on iPhoto, and uploads these photo via iPhoto to facebook, Facebook registers whom the faces are, but does not Facebook TAG it. I think this is another "imperfection" of iLife09.

It rather defeats the purpose of identifying the faces then uploading directly to facebook, if we need to re-tag them in facebook. (it results in Double Tag). This also makes the face detection redundant.

Hope they have an update for this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
I have the same outcome as you with the taggings. While we are happy tagging faces on iPhoto, and uploads these photo via iPhoto to facebook, Facebook registers whom the faces are, but does not Facebook TAG it. I think this is another "imperfection" of iLife09.

It rather defeats the purpose of identifying the faces then uploading directly to facebook, if we need to re-tag them in facebook. (it results in Double Tag). This also makes the face detection redundant.

Hope they have an update for this.

Even if it did link your photos on Facebook, you would have to go through the tagging yourself in iPhoto, adding a Facebook tag to every person you have ... there is no way iPhoto can put together your John Smith with the right John Smith on Facebook ... it would just make people angry :D

This way the faces feature is mainly for you to make photo browsing easier/more fun/whatever ... just another feature

Reaction score
If you go to Faces and then edit the info for each face, iphoto and facebook work perfectly together.

Iphoto wants a name and email address for each face. Enter in the email address that your friend/yourself/whoever uses on facebook and it will work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon - 10Gb Rams - 12Tb Storage, MacBook Pro 17, iMac 23, MacBook Air
If you go to Faces and then edit the info for each face, iphoto and facebook work perfectly together.

Iphoto wants a name and email address for each face. Enter in the email address that your friend/yourself/whoever uses on facebook and it will work.

This is correct - in the main faces window of iLife 09 - Click on the grey i bottom right of the persons picture, where it says full name and email address fill it in, the email address must be the same as the one they have in their facebook profile, this is the only variable I can see with testing that makes the difference.

Note: I have not been able to get published albums between iPhoto and Facebook which had no email address or the wrong mail address to update the information added, I had to re-publish the Album after the correct email address was added.

its working for me and it saves so much time. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
it really works that way? nice :)

Reaction score
Facebook photo upload messes up Finder window

I guess I'm on my own on this one...

You're definitely not alone. I'm uploading photos from a folder on my desktop, and this happens whenever I try to leave one album and go to another. Two finder windows open, the photos will not upload, and the finder windows stay open and on top of everything. It's maddening - I have to restart Firefox everytime.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.