Upgrading version 7.1 in Pages

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macOS Sierra 10.12.4
I have version 7.1 of Pages which I use as my main word processing . Am I able to upgrade this version on my iMac running Sierra

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Did you look in the macOS App Store, to see if there is an upgrade option? That is where it will tell you what is compatible with your Mac. Right now Pages is up to 10.2, but there was a 7.2 and 7.3. Then it went to 8.0, 8.1 and 8.2, and then to 10.0.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Am I able to upgrade this version on my iMac running Sierra

My understanding is that the newer Pages apps required macOS High Sierra or higher and if there is no upgrade option in the App Store, then you almost certainly can't upgrade.

What you can do, though, is open your browser and go to iCloud.com and log in to your account. There, you will find Pages app and you can always use that. It is not far off full-featured and probably better than your Mac-based app.

Worth a try anyway.

Ian

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macOS Sierra 10.12.4
Did you look in the macOS App Store, to see if there is an upgrade option? That is where it will tell you what is compatible with your Mac. Right now Pages is up to 10.2, but there was a 7.2 and 7.3. Then it went to 8.0, 8.1 and 8.2, and then to 10.0.
Ian,Have done that and that works well.Many thanks

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macOS Sierra 10.12.4
Thanks. See my reply to Ian

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Ian,Have done that and that works well.Many thanks

Happy to oblige. I think it's worth remembering that the web-based versions of Pages, Keynote, Numbers etc, are usually up to date and fully featured - and available to all more or less irrespective of their current OS.

Ian

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@david:

Here is a better option:

Download the trial version of iWork 09 for free. This particular version trial does not expire and you can continue to use it as long as you wish. It's actually better than your current version of Pages. Here is the download URL:

You can run both versions on your Mac but you may find it more convenient to erase Pages 7 and only use the iWork version. Make sure that you assign the iWork version as the default in any event.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.