Upgrade notifications

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Retina (2019) & Macbook Pro Retina both on osMac 12, iMac 27' on os Mac 10.15.7
No experience with the M1 Mac and no intention of forking out when I have sufficient for my needs. Had a strange occurrence a few days ago, my iMac is early 2013, so it won't allow me to upgrade to osMac Big Sur. A red mark appeared in my System Preferences. I can't remember what it exactly said, but it was part of an upgrade to Catalina. I decided not to install it as my 2019 MacBook Air Retina and my wife's MacBookPro are working fine, with all email going into the correct mailbox. I have to say my ancient iMac is working the best of all, no crashes, spinning beach balls or the like. Eventually the invitation to install Catalina disappeared. Anyone had anything like this happen ?

OP
Jim40
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Retina (2019) & Macbook Pro Retina both on osMac 12, iMac 27' on os Mac 10.15.7
Sorry if this is in wrong forum. I have all albums and artists in Music, but my iTunes application has vanished.
any help to recover it would be most welcome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
What version of macOS is your iMac running? Catalina never had iTunes.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Sorry to post this in the wrong forum, but my iTunes application has disappeared. Still got access to items I've bought such as artists, albums etc, but the iTunes Application is no longer to be found. HELP !!!

In macOS Catalina (10.15.x), Apple eliminated the iTunes app that has been a staple of the Mac operating system since 2001. iTunes was split into three apps: Music, Podcasts, and TV.

Look in Finder > Applications > Music

Moreover, if you need to sync an iOS device with your Mac, it is no longer done via iTunes, but by opening Finder where the named iOS device will appear in the sidebar.

Hope that helps?

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.