Updating old 32 bit Photshop Elements

Reaction score
I have been quite happy using my version of Photoshop Elements 11 for many years, but I have realised recently that it is the only remaining 32 bit application which prevents me from upgrading my 2017 IMAC OS Mojave (10.14.6) to the 64 bit MAC OS.

Has anybody worked out an affordable method of updating 32 bit PSE, or in true Adobe fashion must I purchase a completely new PSE?

Reaction score
Unless you are wedded to PSE, one option would be to get a brand new graphics/photo-editing application that is FREE.

There are several listed here. You can try them all out to see which you like best:

Free Macintosh Software
http://www.macattorney.com/free.html

LazPaint might be a good choice:
https://lazpaint.github.io

Also, if you upgrade to a modern version of the Mac OS, they are somewhat hidden, but both Preview (Tools menu --> Adjust Colors) and Photos (click on the Edit button in the toolbar) have some surprisingly powerful graphics editing features.

OP
B
Reaction score
That is really helpful, thank you. I guess that old habits die hard, especially when one is forced to change by forces outside control. Time to go experimenting and maybe wave goodbye to PSE for my very basic needs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini M1 (8gb Memory / 500 gb Hard drive) Running Sonoma 14.0
I have been quite happy using my version of Photoshop Elements 11 for many years, but I have realised recently that it is the only remaining 32 bit application which prevents me from upgrading my 2017 IMAC OS Mojave (10.14.6) to the 64 bit MAC OS.

Has anybody worked out an affordable method of updating 32 bit PSE, or in true Adobe fashion must I purchase a completely new PSE?
I have moved from Windows with PSE 2019, which is registered on the Adobe site, and have been looking at buying a Mac version, I like the album in elements. Going to the site and searching for PSE will only bring up subscription versions, however a Google search for Photo Shop Elements 2023 will bring up the stand alone version at around £70.00. I am still weighing-up the pros and cons of PSE vs Mac OS built-in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.