Updating an i5 to an i7 or i9 CPU

OP
flyboyy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac -Monterey-12.6.7 27"Retina 5K, Late 2015, 3.2 GHz, i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, 250 GB SSD
Thanks Bob for the reply. I did briefly look at other monitors and was not overly impressed. I will check out your suggestion.

For some reason these emails were sent to the spam, which I just checked and discovered them. You can tell how often I check the spam folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 27" iMac, 3.3ghz, M395 gpu, 2tb Fusion, 8gb
Since I responded about 2 months ago I ended up with my daughter's M1 MBA with a cracked screen. Rather than fix it for a lot of $$$ I decided I'd just buy her another used one, but this one an M2. The M1 screens were particularly fragile and I would not touch one.

But since I had the M1, and I'd already bought the Luna Display I gave it a try and I just found it to be too laggy, and too flaky with connections. I also had just set up my bike trainer with my old MBP and while it ran fine, running the video on a 13" screen wasn't very compelling. I decided I wanted a 27" monitor like my iMac so bought a Dell UHD monitor and it is great running with the M1. I just keep it closed and use the old keyboard an mouse from my even older 20" iMac from 2005. It is a spectacular setup, and I may even swap my iMac for it and use it as my regular computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.