Unlocking iPhone locked to IBM Remote Management System

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
Does anyone know how/if it is possible to get an iPhone locked to the above? If so how much would it cost to get it unlocked for use in UK?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi Alwyn

I can't speak for IBM; but I have, on many occasions, donated my iPhone to friends and had to have it unlocked in order for a that person to use it.

The usual way is to contact the provider (O2, EE, Vodafone, etc) to get the phone unlocked. We are lucky in the UK in that these companies MUST, unlock the iPhone by law.

The law must therefore apply to IBM if they are the provider of the service.

If it's a question of ownership of the iPhone, irrespective of the provider, then that's a rather different matter.

That's between you and them.

Ian

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
Apologies for failing to pick up your reply to my question. I think that the iPhone, listed on eBay, was used by an IBM employee. Euphemistically it must have been misappropriated and, because it is owned by IBM, it can’t be unlocked.

All the same I think it sold!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.