Unable to do Mac OS update 10.13.2, Its HANGS

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm having MAC book pro 2012 model. I recently changed my router to TPlink Archer C7, after that all my apple devices not working. In my MAC book pro I'm able to surf but not able to do Mac OS update 10.13.2.

Its simply hangs no error messages.

Could you please any one help me to get it resolved. I don't have ethernet cable

Thanks
Prasath C

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

Whenever you install a new router, you need to set it up with the proper SSID, encryption, passwords, etc. That means you need to review all your devices that go on line in order to make sure that they can communicate with the new router. Since you can surf the net, your MacBook Pro is able to communicate with the new router - so that should be OK. There may be other reasons you can not update to macOS 10.13.2 - such as errors on your hard drive, not enough space on the drive, or a slow intermittent internet connection.

And, you should always have an ethernet cable on hand just in case.

OP
P
Reaction score
Hi Chicago,

Thanks for the reply, I'm able to do only browse the internet, if I've to update using App Store, and update MS OFFICE for MAC version its not happening. And my hard disk has enough space. And also my iPhone 7 also not able to download anything with this new router. I'm not sure what could be the issue.

Thanks
Prasath C

OP
P
Reaction score
Hi, Please read { " Hi chscag instead of Hi Chicago" } this error because of autofill
Sorry about that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.