Ubuntu on a Mini

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Just boot from the Ubuntu CD and the install will lead you through the disk formatting and installation of Linux

Reaction score
Hi

I've just installed ubuntu on an external drive - but the principle is the same. Download and burn a cd of the Ubuntu iso from the Ubuntu website, boot your mac from this cd (I pressed cmd C or ctrl c at boot though on your keyboard I'm not sure what it would be. Let it boot then run the installer - at some point it will ask where you want to install it and the options are pretty clear - go from there.

One note of caution though, you may need to use Refit to bring up the menu to boot Ubuntu - this I would investigate further or get some advice from someone who knows a bit more. If you cock it up you could be left with an unbootable computer.

Hope that helps

OP
S
Reaction score
Thats my problem atm. I have the PPC latest release on CD. Burnt the ISO direct to disc, but I can't get it to boot.

I'm using a logitech wireless keyboard and dont have a wired USB keyboard to hand. Not sure what to press to have it cold boot from CD?

Would a Live CD respond differently?

Also - Problems with OSX now, since I've put the CD in all I get is rapid flashing white text on black background along the lines of:

lyld: -sh can't open library: /usr/lib/libcurses.5.4.dylib - Some error text and:
init:single user shell terminated, restarting

Just hangs on that

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.