Turning off subtitles

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Mac Pro: 2.66 Ghz, 2GB RAM, 23" HD Cenima Display
I recently bought a used Macbook running Leopard. The other day I was flying home and decided to watch a friend's dvd on the plane ride home. Well it had subtitles and I didn't want them. I went into the dvd's menu and turned them off, but they were still there. So I then went into the dvd player software menu and turned them off there too, but they still showed up. Is there another place in Leopard that has them activated that I need to switch off?

Reaction score
What sort of DVD was it? In other words, are you sure the subtitles weren't actually superimposed over the digital video file during the export process? Is this a bootleg chinese DVD or a store bought one?

OP
breadfan35
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Mac Pro: 2.66 Ghz, 2GB RAM, 23" HD Cenima Display
What sort of DVD was it? In other words, are you sure the subtitles weren't actually superimposed over the digital video file during the export process? Is this a bootleg chinese DVD or a store bought one?

It was a store bought copy of Iron Man.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.