• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Toyota Scion - This is crazy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Thanks I really appreciate it. I have worked hard to keep it clean and design something unique with it past HUGE wheels and Chrome all over the place.

Hopefully with the new mac mini install I am doing I will bring some more mac users to the world!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
actually ambivalent is a girl.

albiet a very attractive girl, but, still a girl.

wait, that makes no sense.

i just wanted to use albeit

I know... bad habit of mine, saying dude at the end of sentences regardless of gender.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
And to think in my older Buick I gots a nice Alpine deck.....the add on KCA-420i (Alpine Interface for iPod) box, allows me to use my iPod right thru the faceplate, it also charges the iPod and well, you can tuck said iPod out of the way and it sounds bloomin great. Although it's darn nice to see auto makers such at Scion (Toyota) do this, iPods are the best portable media player imho.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Ugh, the Aztec is worse than Vista and ME combined(oh the irony, i'm using vista right now and i'm liking it)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I as suprised to find out that my wife's RAV4 and my Tacoma both had hookups in the back of the deck for an iPod (or any other device). For $60 I bought a cable that hooks into the iPod's dock connector. It supplies power and carries the audio. It appears on the deck as another CD changer.
If I sprang for $300, I could buy a cable that allows the deck to actually control the iPod - including from the steering wheel button.
So I think the ability to control (or at least play audio from) an external source is inherit in Toyota decks. It was nice of Scion to make it easier though. I had to take the center console off to plug in the wire.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
The European MKV Golf and Jetta platform VW's have a bottle opener built into the center console. You can order the piece to replace the US one that doesn't have it. Now that's cooler than an iPod connection 6 out of 7 days in a week.

Reaction score
I have an older Volvo and I hear it's not too hard to place an iPod in that car since the radio already has a plug for a CD changer...

I personally don't really care for Scions outside of the tC. Of course, I don't really like hatchbacks--I'm a sedan kind of guy myself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Hey good to hear from you! Was wondering where you had disappeared to! How are things?

FYI: that post, and this thread, are from over a year ago. I haven't seen any posts from her either. Maybe we need a "Where's Ambivalent" thread to scare her up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
FYI: that post, and this thread, are from over a year ago. I haven't seen any posts from her either. Maybe we need a "Where's Ambivalent" thread to scare her up?
Perhaps her name is eponymous.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.