Time Machine couldn’t complete the backup to “Time Machine”

Reaction score
What should I do?

“/Users/howardjbrazee/Library/Containers/com.apple.Notes/Data/tmp/TemporaryItems/NSIRD_Notes_lSWNeR/HardLinkURLTemp/A846A4FB-68D6-434F-B21C-26548D09BB67/1711750517/Configure an internet-sharing network..png” could not be backed up.

2.16 TB available

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
There are two dots between "network" and "png" in your post. Are they actually there in the eror message, or is that a typo? If that is really what the message says, then it is likely that the Note you wrote, or saved, named "Configure an internete sharing network" has an extra "." at the end of the name, which is, technically, not permitted and so TM cannot handle it. Delete the Note from inside Notes, then empty it from the "Recently Deleted" folder and try TM again.

OP
H
Reaction score
That makes sense. I found the note. It had attachments. I deleted it twice and the attachments deleted too.

Thanks. I guess this was a Notes bug.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That makes sense. I found the note. It had attachments. I deleted it twice and the attachments deleted too.

Thanks. I guess this was a Notes bug.
So, did TM work after you deleted the note?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
There are two dots between "network" and "png" in your post.

Brilliant catch, Jake. Most of us, I guess, would have ignored it as a typo or, more likely, not even registered that as a problem.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Brilliant catch, Jake. Most of us, I guess, would have ignored it as a typo or, more likely, not even registered that as a problem.

Ian
Even a blind squirrel stumbles across a nut ever once in a while, Ian!

Reaction score
What should I do?

“/Users/howardjbrazee/Library/Containers/com.apple.Notes/Data/tmp/TemporaryItems/NSIRD_Notes_lSWNeR/HardLinkURLTemp/A846A4FB-68D6-434F-B21C-26548D09BB67/1711750517/Configure an internet-sharing network..png” could not be backed up.

2.16 TB available

The error message suggests that a file named "Configure an internet-sharing network..png" cannot be backed up because it resides in a temporary location. This issue might be due to the file being actively used or inaccessible during the backup process. However, since you have 2.16 TB of available space, storage capacity doesn't seem to be the problem. To troubleshoot, try closing any applications that might be using the file and attempt the backup again. If the issue persists, consider manually moving the file to a non-temporary location before initiating the backup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.