Thumbnail Sizing

Reaction score
When I open a folder, and Select VEIW, I can choose Icons, Lists, Column's or Gallery. Is there a way to change the size of the thumbnail like you can on a windows platform. The current thumbnail Icon's are a little small for these old eyes..

Thanks In Advance

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
When I open a folder, and Select VIEW, I can choose Icons, Lists, Column's or Gallery. Is there a way to change the size of the thumbnail like you can on a windows platform. The current thumbnail Icon's are a little small for these old eyes..
Sometimes what's possible can depend on the macOS version you're using (things sometimes change or are removed by Apple).

From what's been mentioned above...you're actually almost there (if still available with the macOS version you're using).:)

You need to choose the "Icon" option when working within the folder:

Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 2.42.29 PM.png

Then from the "View" menu...choose "Show View Options" (which you've done already). When this is done...this is what you see:

Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 2.35.11 PM.png

If you choose any of the other options (within the Folder window)...show by List, Columns, Cover Flow...you don't get this "Icon Size" option within the "Show View Options" window.

HTH,

Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
In my Ventura system as soon as I select the icon view a slider shows at the bottom right of the Finder window that allows me to adjust the size of the icons:

Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 3.01.00 PM.jpg

OP
TimothyFS
Reaction score
Sometimes what's possible can depend on the macOS version you're using (things sometimes change or are removed by Apple).

From what's been mentioned above...you're actually almost there (if still available with the macOS version you're using).:)

You need to choose the "Icon" option when working within the folder:

View attachment 37403

Then from the "View" menu...choose "Show View Options" (which you've done already). When this is done...this is what you see:

View attachment 37402

If you choose any of the other options (within the Folder window)...show by List, Columns, Cover Flow...you don't get this "Icon Size" option within the "Show View Options" window.

HTH,

Nick
Perfect!!!!! that did the trick... Thank you

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Super Duper!!!:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Perfect!!!!! that did the trick... Thank you

And if they still keep getting too small for those old eyes of yours like they do for some of us, you can change your Display System Preference pane resolution settings to a lower value using the scaled option so everything then appears larger.

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.