This is truly Pathetic for apple

T

tariq

Yeah, just stop whining already, its getting annoying. If the G4's are too slow for you use your Centrino and shut up already. Apple will introduce what they can, when they can. it's not like they're delaying it on purpose. Get a grip.

OP
S
Reaction score
tariq said:
Yeah, just stop whining already, its getting annoying. If the G4's are too slow for you use your Centrino and shut up already. Apple will introduce what they can, when they can. it's not like they're delaying it on purpose. Get a grip.
Its not that im complaing and i do not need bashing. I love apple just as much as you do but it is PATHETIC that they cahrge twice as much for their notebooks and they cant even preform to a 1.4ghz pentium M no im not shuting up im speaking what i beleive in and i have a right to speak. I mean I own so many mac's but i just think this is just sad for mac :bandage:

S

snakpak

To address the original poster: I am very, very surprised that you'd find a 1Ghz PC to to faster than your 1.5Ghz Powermac. As a recent switcher from the Windows world, I've actually found quite the opposite. My 867Mhz Powerbook G4 run as fast, or faster, than my 2Ghz IBM thinkpad laptop. I'm not talking about raw crunching speed, I'm referring to real life performance multitasking, using multiple common applications at the same time.

I truly believe clock speed (Mhz and Ghz) cannot be fairly compared between PCs and Macs anymore... things have really changed over the past few years. Look at the new Mac mini, which is only 1.4Ghz: do you think people will care? They'll get better performance than a typical no-name clone for the same price, and more importantly, they'll start using OS X. The same comparison can be made with laptops.

Sometimes the grass seems greener on the other side... that is, until you get there and realize how good you have it with Apple.

Kelly

OP
S
Reaction score
snakpak said:
To address the original poster: I am very, very surprised that you'd find a 1Ghz PC to to faster than your 1.5Ghz Powermac. As a recent switcher from the Windows world, I've actually found quite the opposite. My 867Mhz Powerbook G4 run as fast, or faster, than my 2Ghz IBM thinkpad laptop. I'm not talking about raw crunching speed, I'm referring to real life performance multitasking, using multiple common applications at the same time.

I truly believe clock speed (Mhz and Ghz) cannot be fairly compared between PCs and Macs anymore... things have really changed over the past few years. Look at the new Mac mini, which is only 1.4Ghz: do you think people will care? They'll get better performance than a typical no-name clone for the same price, and more importantly, they'll start using OS X. The same comparison can be made with laptops.

Sometimes the grass seems greener on the other side... that is, until you get there and realize how good you have it with Apple.

Kelly
I honeslty suggest u to go to bearfeats.com the top of the line powerbook werent even abloe to keep up with the low end pentium m's. Its time apple its time to intorudce something different it dosent have to have a g5 but at leat reduce the price or something

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
celtrino's are not faster then g4, they pretent to be faster because they are runnning at a higher frequency, but frequency is not performance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
u have the link to the article? Had trouble finding the benchmark

I

IChing

I honeslty suggest u to go to bearfeats.com the top of the line powerbook werent even abloe to keep up with the low end pentium m's. Its time apple its time to intorudce something different it dosent have to have a g5 but at leat reduce the price or something

Well we do have spell check and if you don't like macs then buy something else.

Ranting is not really a good way to "intorudce" yourself to this forum. I am very happy with my mac and still have a 2.4 gighz atheon and this pb is smoother, faster and more enjoyable. So I "honesity" suggest to at "leat" try before you complain.

http://www.barefeats.com/al15b.html link: over 15 months old:

OP
S
Reaction score
IChing said:

Well we do have spell check and if you don't like macs then buy something else.

Ranting is not really a good way to "intorudce" yourself to this forum. I am very happy with my mac and still have a 2.4 gighz atheon and this pb is smoother, faster and more enjoyable. So I "honesity" suggest to at "leat" try before you complain.

http://www.barefeats.com/al15b.html link: over 15 months old:
So what ur right the powerbook g4 1.5ghz would do soo much better I think it would beat them all. lol. Did i mention that the centrino 1.8ghz was using intel extreme graphics and it still beat the powerbook. WOW the powerbooks are so fast!

OP
S
Reaction score
ohh im so glad u showed that the article was over 15months old. It just shows how slow apple progresses with technology. Wow went from 1.33ghz to 1.42ghz...Its not 1.5ghz apple just calls it that!

OP
S
Reaction score
Im not saying I hate apple. I will never go back to pc's I hate pc's! Its just apple needs something faster!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Thanks for clearing that up. I was beginning to worry about what you are saying.

OP
S
Reaction score
rman said:
Thanks for clearing that up. I was beginning to worry about what you are saying.
HAHAHAH i dont have the best ways of explaing myself!! I mean if people think this thread was to bash apple omg plz dont get that message!! NO NO NO IAM A LETS SAY APPLE FAN BOY. I always argue with my brother that apple is superior to pc's but he always get me when he starts to talk about their powerbooks and the only argument that i can think of is that apples are more sexy and they are very quiet but thenn agian so slow :rolleyes:

OP
S
Reaction score
I mean im using my powerbook it feels fast to me but comapred to my bros notwbook or my oc notebook omg its dog slow

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Maybe if you would write your messages a little clearer with better english people would be able to get your message

OP
S
Reaction score
trpnmonkey41 said:
Maybe if you would write your messages a little clearer with better english people would be able to get your message
lol well its my powerbook g4 keyboard its so tiny!! I know i complain too much...Ill shut up now

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.