Thinking of switching: a few questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
ok cheers
now i have no reasons not to buy a mac
but i dont really have any to buy one besides the lack of viruses, so why should i, all the things have found just mention stabilty and the like but does it have any useful features or anything?

Well as before, since you already feel pretty much stuck having to use Windows still to use Maya as well as play some games, I'm inclined to say stay with Windows. Yeah, you can dual-boot but that really does get to be a chore and detracts from "the experience". Does OS X have useful features? Well to a degree. Mostly things are just easier to deal with, but there's really nothing OS X can do that Windows can't. The real difference is in the user experience. You can only really try and judge for yourself. Five years ago, I never would have conceived myself as a Mac guy, but I bought a Powerbook on a lark after hearing good things about OS X, figured it'd do well enough for my needs from a laptop, and within weeks I was sold.

If you are truly in the market for a new computer, regardless, then I'd say go with a Mac for the simple reason that you firstly are getting an excellent, well-built system, no matter what the OS. People who gripe about the price just don't look hard enough at the specs. I used to build my own Windows boxes for gaming... cost me just as much as a Mac Pro does. But at least now, with a Mac, you can dabble in OS X at your leisure, and if it doesn't suit you, no money lost really. Just stick to Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Ok cheers
do all macs have wifi cards built in?

Not ALL Macs, but almost all current generation Macs, I believe everything but the Mac Mini does. Every other current gen Mac has WiFi built in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD. 16 GB Wi-Fi iPad, 16 GB iPhone 3GS.
I think that if you are fine with what you have, then maybe there is no reason for you to switch to a Mac. I would do a little bit more research to see if it is a change that you want to make.

Reaction score
I would say stay were you are at. You dont seem like your trying to switch, you seem like your just trying to keep things the way they are. You didnt even consider Macs until you got BSOD and a virus, but I find that most PC users are "battle hardened." It seems like you just want a PC, that wont get a BSOD or a virus, and that just does not exist as of now. You seem comfortable right were your at. Macs are not for everyone. They have there perks, yes. But are not "better." Thats my advice anyway. I dont mean to come off as a jerk. Im just saying, that if your comfy were your at, I would consider staying were you know your stuff.

Reaction score
Let us know how it goes. And if you do deside to move over, there is always here :D

OP
Elephant Inc
Reaction score
ok thanks
apparently i should have a mac version of maya lying around
i geuss it all depends if i can find it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.