• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

The Oft-Unhappy Marriage of Apple and AT&T: "We're Apple. We Don't Wear Suits."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
"We're Apple. We don't wear suits." Welcome to the cult. Nice manners Steve.

Cult? Nah. Why should Apple act as if they are the junior partner to AT&T? After-all, it's their device that brought AT&T a huge influx of business that otherwise never would have occurred and AT&T knows it. Not that AT&T owes them anything, it was a 2 ways street and a good deal for both parties. Manners often mean little in the business world and this is just another example.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Just an opinion - no offense to Steve and crew. I just don't give any special kudos to someone because they decide they feel they need to make a statement with their clothing. It adds nothing of value to the relationship for me. I guess I'm fortunate that the business partners I work with still value manners by and large.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Just an opinion - no offense to Steve and crew. I just don't give any special kudos to someone because they decide they feel they need to make a statement with their clothing. It adds nothing of value to the relationship for me. I guess I'm fortunate that the business partners I work with still value manners by and large.

Put that way, I do agree.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Never judge a book by its cover only its contents and a well read book is seldom pristine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know
I just don't give any special kudos to someone because they decide they feel they need to make a statement with their clothing. It adds nothing of value to the relationship for me.

Wait, isn't that the OPPOSITE of what you're saying?

You DO give special kudos to someone because they feel they need to make a statement by wearing suits. And wearing those suits DOES add to the value of your relationship with your current partners.

Or am I reading that completely wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
You are reading it completely wrong. I wouldn't give someone kudos for wearing full dress blues and white gloves while serving a warrant either.

Reaction score
What slays me is AT&T thinking that wireless broadband wasn't going to be a tsunami (with or without the iPhone). Mobile hardware mfg'rs have been talking "mobile content" since the dotcom bubble burst. How could any rational company not understand that demand for wireless data was going to be THE issue? There have been plenty of historical precedents to go by (not the least of which was how much RAM anyone could ever need in a PC).

Sheesh.

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
There have been plenty of historical precedents to go by (not the least of which was how much RAM anyone could ever need in a PC).

So please tell me one single historical precedence that relates to the iPhone that a wireless carrier could have looked at?

RAM cannot possibly count a "precedence" in this case, so I'll let you have another chance. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.