• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The Official GTA IV Thread (PS3 and XBOX 360)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
This game is a blast... Its absolutely insanely fun to play. The modeling of Manhattan is just amazing.

I haven't tried the online again. Anyone been going online or is everybody sticking with the single player still?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Yea, they've done a great job at modeling Manhattan. I was driving down the West Side Highway and the FDR, and the resemblance is uncanny.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah... I was on the FDR too just a few minutes ago its awesome.

If I have one complaint about this game then it would be driving Physics. Most of those cars don't want to turn. But I am getting the hang of it now I think.
The Bikes are pretty good though!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Wasnt impressed by the multiplayer in the slightest. It was "eh." I just didnt find it fun

Really? Thats disappointing. I'll probably end up buying a copy anyway. I loved Vice City and San Andreas

Reaction score
Ya really. Its just a single player game in my eyes. And the controls dont change at all for multiplayer. So its really just not that fun. I mean, I did really well at it when I played, but it just wasnt fun. I dont think it takes away from the value of the game though. It never was a real multiplayer game in the first place.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I kinda disagree. Though I haven't played that much MultiPlayer in GTA but I was able to sneak in a couple of Deathmatches and Team Deathmatches and it was chaotic to the extreme.

The whole fact that you can crouch and ur name tag will disappear is a great twist on the whole concept and helps to get a lot of kills.... & deaths ;D

OP
skaheadpunk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
There's about to be a row about this in my house!

My game, my Xbox, my gamer profile and my live membership, boyfriend was all 'yeah we can play it together, blah blah' but is now way ahead and I have no clue where I am or what's going on. I can't start again unless i turn autosave off which is a pain in the PATOOT and if I create a new profile then well, I'll have a brand new profile and live stuff, and my tomb raider and other game saves are stuck in with the GTA ones. Is there a way of copying the saved game files on to a new gamer profile so he can just have his own area and games and crap and stop MESSING with mine?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
you could on PS3 - not sure how on xbox.

OP
skaheadpunk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
There's about to be a row about this in my house!

My game, my Xbox, my gamer profile and my live membership, boyfriend was all 'yeah we can play it together, blah blah' but is now way ahead and I have no clue where I am or what's going on. I can't start again unless i turn autosave off which is a pain in the PATOOT and if I create a new profile then well, I'll have a brand new profile and live stuff, and my tomb raider and other game saves are stuck in with the GTA ones. Is there a way of copying the saved game files on to a new gamer profile so he can just have his own area and games and crap and stop MESSING with mine?
You can create a different profile for him to use. I have one for my son, so he doesn't ruin my games. Just have him sign in on his profile. He doesn't need a Live membership. It should work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did anyone get to the point where you have to go for the Street Race with Brucie yet?

the closest I came was second, just insanely hard to win... at least for me!

Any tips will be good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Yeah, I thought it was really easy. Your using the car he gives your right? As soon as the light turns green, floor it and run up the middle of the cars, if you have to, push the others out of the way. I was in the lead by the second turn. Careful control of the ebrake and brake will keep you moving fast around the corners, and your lead will continue to pull ahead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 Ghz 4GB RAM OS X 10.5.1
Yeah I thought that race was fairly easy as well. Do what stretch said, and you can also shoot at them too to take 'em out.

I like the game a lot. I think the controls are a bit sluggish, but it's a solid game. I'm finding myself having tons of money, but nothing to buy except for guns and food.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
for some reason I end up spinning out of control and losing my lead. Thanks for the tips though I will try it again when I get home.

OP
skaheadpunk
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So how's everybody doing? I started again so I'm at about 12%, lol.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
made some progress in the story on my days off. i still did a lot of just looking around and messing about.

did a few missions once you move to the second safehouse. the story with the russians was pretty impressive. i'm really liking the characters and writing/acting. some of the set pieces were awesome too. blowing stuff up with a truck rigged with explosions has never looked so cool (at least in this series ;)).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I've made some decent progress. I've unlocked the 2nd island. I think I'm about 42% complete. I'm having the hardest time finding armored trucks though.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i usually find a ton by Roman's old cab depot and in the adjacent dock area when driving any sort of large truck (mule, etc).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am at about 44% done. I was able to unlock all the Islands.

I have to agree with eric the Explosions are freakin' sweet. As a matter of fact the explosions look so awesome to the point that I go buy Grenades from from Little Jacob just to use them to blow cars and gas stations and watch from across the street.. :Oops: ;P

Anyone tried Multiplayer for PS3 yet. I gave it another shot last night but there is no one online it seems!!!!

So far am disappointed with the Multiplayer, not in itself but because it seems like no one is playing it, even though I was really looking forward to it :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.