• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The Mac-Forums Mug Shot List

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
pm-r, my last ten years on the force was working days, got off at 1500 hrs. and went to school at night, took me seven years to get my Masters in Cinematography with a discipline in Film and Television Production.

Awesome dedication!:) Not easy working a full-time job…then going to class at night. Throw a family with kids into the mix…and you're REALLY talking a "tough row to ***". Way to go hanging in there!!!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Awesome dedication!:) Not easy working a full-time job…then going to class at night. Throw a family with kids into the mix…and you're REALLY talking a "tough row to ***". Way to go hanging in there!!!:)

- Nick

+2!!! Congratulations Carl and well done!

And nice to see another grayish good looking bearded fellow wearing glasses at his Mac!!!

OK, It's out of site in the photo, but you and we know it's there.

I assume that you are still working as you appear to be too young to retire.

I retired (forcefully after working at the same place for forty years!!! **** internal politics!!!) 19 years ago, and will have turned 75 two weeks from today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
+2!!! Congratulations Carl and well done!

And nice to see another grayish good looking bearded fellow wearing glasses at his Mac!!!

OK, It's out of site in the photo, but you and we know it's there.

I assume that you are still working as you appear to be too young to retire.

I retired (forcefully after working at the same place for forty years!!! **** internal politics!!!) 19 years ago, and will have turned 75 two weeks from today.

@ Carl - nice story and appears to be a great second career for you and associates - congrats!

@ Patrick - well, Happy Birthday! Mine is next month, but you do have me 'beat' by 5 years - wife's BD was in January (we were both born in '46), so I have about 3 months to brag that she 'robbed the cradle' - :) Dave
Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 6.20.02 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Dave, even if the BD wish is two weeks and a day early, but I'll open it up again then.

My wife was also born in '46, so she and you folks have a big BD to celebrate this year as well with the big seven zero!!

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro5.1,Dual2.4GHzXeon,10.13.6,4x6TB HD,128GB Mem,Dual 32" monitors
Getting ready to hit the big 70 in October, I retired in 1999 from the city. I graduated from USC with a Master of Arts degree in Cinematography and a discipline in Film and Television Production and started my video production company in 1991 (a force of one) now have 32 employees my newest employee has been with me now for 10 years. In 2004 I had a 8000 square foot studio built and was able to pay off the mortgage in five years. Thanks to a couple of government grants I own all my equipment and I am blessed with 32 of the finest people I have ever known. When the construction of the studio was completed my crew ran the business for me for four months while I took my wife on an around the world cruise as a thank you for putting up with my un-godly hours, my temper tantrums, etc while construction was under way.

The production company does events filming weddings, quinceanera's, bar/bat mitzvah, documentaries, commercials and advanced depositions for the federal, state and municipal court system. In 2015 I did 33 weddings in 28 foreign countries and 260 total events state side. My employees tell me that the reason they stay with me is I believe in sharing the wealth, I pay profit sharing every quarter to all my crew.

I apologize for all the rambling guys!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good grief Carl, that's all quite amazing and I gather you're still working and doing all that stuff, and aren't you grateful your wife is still doing all the corrections for you, and if you aren't, we are!!! :Mischievous:

And nice interesting rambling that's interesting and welcome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good grief Carl, that's all quite amazing and I gather you're still working and doing all that stuff, and aren't you grateful your wife is still doing all the corrections for you, and if you aren't, we are!!! :Mischievous:

And nice interesting rambling that's interesting and welcome.

1+ for Patrick's response - @ Carl, so are you telling us that you were also born in 1946? If so, that pic you posted does not look like a 70 y/o man - amazing! Dave :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
October 1946, and OK you caught me that pic was taken when I was only 68, my wife tells me I don't even look my age and most of the time I don't act my age either!!!!! LOL We have three kids, two daughters and a son and three grandsons. My girls are both attorneys, the oldest is an entertainment attorney in Hollywood, my youngest is a International Business attorney, has a office and residence in Stockholm, Sweden, she belongs to MENSA, reads, writes and speaks eight foreign languages. Graduated from Suffolk University in Boston then got accepted to Harvard Law school on a full scholarship and graduated in the top 1% of her class, our son owns five full service car washes and is a Univ. of Texas grad. Maybe one can see why I still work, but come October three of my employees are going to buy the production house lock, stock and barrel and the boss and I might move to Costa Rica where we have a house that stays rented most of the vacation seasons and a management company that over-sees the property when we are not there, it rents for $2000.00 a week and paid for itself in nine years. And it's all thanks to the production company.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And well lookie here and see what I found…

Man, that's some life and it seems you made it great for others as well… neat…

- Patrick
======

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
October 1946, and OK you caught me that pic was taken when I was only 68, my wife tells me I don't even look my age and most of the time I don't act my age either!!!!!

I agree with your wife! No way you look 68 in that photo. I would have guessed MUCH younger (full head of hair always helps)!!!

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I agree with your wife! No way you look 68 in that photo. I would have guessed MUCH younger (full head of hair always helps)!!!

1+ - agree w/ Nick - at the same age, my hair is disappearing and is gray - but maybe normal for an Irishman (much of my heritage) - ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow, I forgot those even exist!!! The videos were before my company went completely high definition, thanks for dredging up those dinosaurs. The hair subject, no one in my family has ever gone bald or even show any scalp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Patrick, you mentioned the USC seal and thinking about it I might not should use it, could be a trademark issue so I put my 'Drag Mac' back on there I would like to share a montage I did for a couple who both worked for NASA. I shot their wedding then when they went on their honeymoon to San Francisco I showed them how to use their cell phone to take a picture in the landscape mode. They shot all the stills with their iPhone 5S. I had filmed a wedding in San Francisco a couple of years before and after the wedding I took a couple of days to travel the area and get some "B" roll film, so the stills are their pictures and the video is mine. Remember they both work for NASA so the beginning and end will make a little more since. If you will click on the "HD" in the right bottom corner and choose "720HD" your picture might be a little clearer. Be sure your speakers are on, there is some pretty good music from our youth. If your video processor will support it go full screen.

video link removed (dead link)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay guys, the wife say's I need to come clean the pic is eight years old, this is more current D2X_7438.JPG

sorry for the mis guide, I can wish can't I to look like that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16” M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff

- Nick
+1 here too (or is that now +3 now not sure what the kids are doing these days) great respect for anyone who puts that much dedication into something.

Hello everyone, Patrick, nice to see a familiar face from another place. Hope you're well. I was around here briefly a while back and then, life took over for a while, many things happened and some changes. Some not pleasant, others great, career certainly really went into a higher gear. I'm around again. Friendly place.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
+1 here too (or is that now +3 now not sure what the kids are doing these days) great respect for anyone who puts that much dedication into something.

Hello everyone, Patrick, nice to see a familiar face from another place. Hope you're well. I was around here briefly a while back and then, life took over for a while, many things happened and some changes. Some not pleasant, others great, career certainly really went into a higher gear. I'm around again. Friendly place.

Welcome back I guess Groovetube and I haven't noticed anything from you at "the other place" lately, but then I avoid all the political and non-Mac stuff, junk as I call it. ;)

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay guys, the wife say's I need to come clean the pic is eight years old, this is more current View attachment 23990

sorry for the mis guide, I can wish can't I to look like that?

Hey, just do a quick flash across your latest mugshot here and I almost get a glimpse of Robin Williams ready to crack a quip remark… probably from all that Hollywood film study and exposure you went through….:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16” M1max 32/1tb and bunch of other mac/apple stuff
Welcome back I guess Groovetube and I haven't noticed anything from you at "the other place" lately, but then I avoid all the political and non-Mac stuff, junk as I call it. ;)

- Patrick
======

Indeed, I refuse to engage in any online political fights anymore, been a few years since I've been there. Life's too short. Solves nothing and makes enemies. Good to see you here. Perhaps I'll post a "mug" soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It was a sad day when Robin left us.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My home office unspecified1.jpg , 2.jpg , 3.jpg 4.jpg , 6.jpg

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.