syncing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac,intel core i3,processor speed 3.06ghz,processors 1,cores 2,L2 cache per core 256kb,L3 cache 4mb
I have a Mac 23 model and an iPad Air gen5 how do I get them to sync if it is at all possible. what I would like is if I download to my Mac I would like to retrieve it on my iPad downloads is it possible. I also have dropbox installed on both but when I want transfer from dropbox on my Mac to dropbox on my iPad it only lets me send via email. Where can I enable airdrop on my iPad, sorry for all the questions especially if they seem stupid.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Nothing stupid about your post. Relax.

Syncing is done via iCloud. So, on each Device (iPad, iPhone, Mac - whatever you choose), go into Settings > Click on Apple ID > iCloud, then under "Apps using iCloud" (if none shown or the ones you want aren't shown, then Click on "Show More Apps".

Then decide which apps you want to sync.

Dropbox has its own system for syncing which is outside the Apple frame, so you have to do that separately.

See here:

Please post back if any of the above doesn't work or you don't understand something. :) :)

Ian

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac,intel core i3,processor speed 3.06ghz,processors 1,cores 2,L2 cache per core 256kb,L3 cache 4mb
Thank you for your help sorry for the delay in answering you but still struggling to get drop box to sync.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
  • Install the Dropbox app on your Mac.
  • Install the Dropbox app on your iPad.
  • Sign into the same account on both devices.
Files will be accessible with both devices, actions taken one one device will reflect on the other.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.