Switching browsers

Reaction score
I find myself having to switch from my regular browser Safari to Firefox on a regular basis. I am using 10.6.8 currently.

I haven't done this in a while..How do I go about changing my browser from safari to firefox so that when my home page loads..firefox will be there automatically. I used to be able to do this but like I said it has been a while

Thanks for your assistance

ironman

OP
I
Reaction score
I forgot to ask...if I do change browsers will my bookmarks..contacts allthat stuff be forwarded also?

Thanks
ironman

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
When using FF at your preferred home page, go into FF Preferences > General and change to that and click yes for make FF my browser.

Bookmarks can be transferred. Have a read of this. OS X.6.8is pretty old and can't remember 4 operating systems back if it is the same. Google similar if not correct:-

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/import-bookmarks-data-another-browser

C

chas_m

I'd be much more interested in discovering why you think you need to switch. I rely on my browser to earn my living, quite frankly, and I've never felt the slightest inclination to switch from Safari. I keep FF around for trouble-shooting purposes (and, apparently, the nearly-full-time job of constantly upgrading it and reinstalling extensions that broke because I upgraded it), but I very rarely (1-2 times a year) find that I need to actually USE Firefox to do something because Safari won't ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
I do chas m. Believe it or not, our national telco entered a partnership with MS and all their websites call for IE 10/11 would you believe. Even in Develop mode, Safari cannot connect to their sites. FF 36 will

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Believe it or not, our national telco entered a partnership with MS and all their websites call for IE 10/11 would you believe.

Hang in there Harry.... Rumor has that MS will be coming out with a new browser to either replace or supplement IE. But yeah, we have a few banks and other sites here in the US that only work with IE. As far as what was mentioned about Safari (above) you can expect that from an Apple purist. ;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.